How our adventure started

Aether's POV

"You want WHAT-" I asked surprised as Thoma asked me a question. "Thoma says he wants to join us on our adventures!" confirmed Paimon, "So can I?" asked again Thoma making me a little confused. I took a deep breath and answered "As long as Paimon won't mind-" then I got interrupted without a warning "Paimon doesn't mind at all!" she said cheerfully.

Thoma's POV

As soon as Aether asked Paimon for persmission I knew something was definitely wrong. I was relieved when she said it's okay for me to join them on their adventures. "Thank you Paimon" I said and walked close to Aether and said "Let's go" while looking at him. Aether didn't say I thing, he just smiled and nodded. I didn't know why but I got worried about him even more. Something just didn't feel right. I have never had an urge to be this nice to someone to watch over them yet I did have it while spending time with Aether. As soon as we got to Liyue Harbour I turned to Aether, he looked up at me and said "We will stay here for some time" and walked to Heyu Tea House leaving me alone with Paimon. I wanted to ask her if she noticed any change but something was stopping me. After some time Aether came back with three cups of green tea and a small bowl of sugar.

Aether's POV

Before we arrived at Liyue Harbour I didn't know what to do. I was nervous around Thoma, I wanted to tell him how I feel but I wasn't ready. As soon as we crossed the bridge I just said first thing that came to mind "We will stay here for some time" after I said that I just walked upstairs, I was walking pointlessly until I stepped near Heyu Tea House. It got me idea to buy tea for Thoma, I happened to be thirsty too also I couldn't forget about Paimon. I ended up buying three cups of tea. It wasn't a struggle to carry until I remembered about sugar and asked for it. After I recieved it I was anxious that I might drop everything while walking. I thought about how upset they'd be but especially I didn't want to make a fool of myself in-front of Thoma.

Thoma's POV

Me and Paimon rushed to help Aether with the tea and sugar. It didn't take long for me to realise who he got the tea for. Three cups - for him, me and Paimon. We all sat dow. It didn't take long for Paimon to drink her tea either "Thoma, trust Paimon and try this tea, it's delicious!", "I will don't worry" I replied, smiled and took a sip. Then I noticed Aether, he was just staring into his cup with a sad look on his face. I sat closer to him and hugged him without a second thought.

Aether's POV

Thoma's hug felt so comforting that I forgot about my worries. Without thinking I just closed my eyes and hugged him back. It felt so good that I fell asleep. Next thing I knew I woke up next to Thoma in the middle of the night. He was still sleeping "He looks so peacefull" I thought and smiled while still laying down next to him "Maybe I was unnecessarily worried?". I closed my eyes and kissed his forehead then felt like someone is holding me, it was Thoma. "Was he actually awake!? For how long!?" I questioned it in my head not realising I was blushing. Next thing I knew Thoma was cuddling me. I suddenly calmed down and went back to sleep.

Thoma's POV

As soon as sun rised I opened my eyes and noticed that I was holding Aether close like never before, not even before we fell asleep. But I didn't mind it, I felt like I was keeping him safe.

To be continued