One

My father insisted that I come with him to greet the new neighbours. So I didn't have much of a choice to avoid the interaction.

However, I did not know that accompanying him would cause me such a great deal of pain in the near future.

We arrived at the front door and rang the bell. First to meet was a man. Tall, mid-40's, casually clothed. This was have been your father, my dear.

He invited us in and the two dads made some conversation as I stood there smiling. Looking around the living room filled with brown boxes of your things. I hear your dad call out for you.

"Leilani!" He called up from the stairs. And a young girl soared down. Peeping over the railing near the middle of the staircase. "Come meet the neighbours."

There you were. Stood smiling. Wearing a baggy T-shirt with an open button-down over top of it. Your beautiful brown hair was tied in a bun. That was neither neat nor slick back. Just a rough little collection of your healthy dark hair tied together by an elastic. And a pair of blue jeans that modelled your beautiful long legs.

The most beautiful girl in the world. Your eyes were big like that of a doe. Features sharp but soft. Beautiful caramel skin. It looked smooth and supple.

"Nice to meet you!" You joyfully trot down the last few steps. Heading towards my father and me.

"This is my daughter, Leilani." You shook my father's hand and then mine. The first-ever moment I had touched your skin. You were soft. And warm.

"Very nice to meet you." Your smile lit up the room. I couldn't pry my eyes off of you. The few strands of hair that weren't pulled back into your bun. Sat loosely placed over your face. Framing the jawline and high plump cheekbones you had.

My father smiled at you, "So are you going to be going to the high school here?"

You look over to him and nod, "Yes. I mean there wasn't much of a selection in the small town." a voice so sweet and melodic, like honey. My dad chuckled at your remark.

"That's true. Well, Luca, here also goes to the school. Maybe he can give you a ride?" He pats me on the shoulder.

"Oh, sure. If you would like." I break my gaze from you to look back at my dad. Then to make my way back to you.

"That would be lovely!" You say, hands on your hips. Your father nodded in agreement.

"Well, it was great meeting you guys," you look from me to my father, "but I sadly have loads of boxes to attend to. So we'll talk soon." you grin, reaching your hand out again to shake. My father nods and chuckles. And I couldn't bear any more words. So I just shook your hand with a weak grin.

So captivated by your charming personality and looks.

My god, you were a princess.

So elegant. Yet so remarkably casual and normal. Yet there was nothing normal about the person you were. You were beyond normal. Lovely and loving in an otherworldly kind of way. You nodded your goodbyes and made your way back up the stairs.

I watched for a second as your light feet patterned their way up the hardwood steps.

Shifting my gaze back to the two fathers. Thinking about you non-stop from that moment.