Nine

Four days after that night had passed. You hadn't called, texted, or talked to me. I didn't see you at school for 2 days. And the view of your room I had from mine, was now blocked off by your curtains.

"I seriously fucked up," I whisper, facing my ceiling in bed. I was crushed. And both our parents were giving us space seeing the distance that so randomly struck between us.

I thought this was how I lost you.

I sat up and looked out my window which I knew was hopeless as I wouldn't see you from it.

I watched from my dark room as your father's car pulled out of the driveway. Watching the Sidan crunch over the gravel on the driveway, off to the little road.

Go to her. Go!

I wait about 5 minutes. Grumbling at my thoughts, then grabbing my jacket off of a large growing pile of clothes.

I throw it over my forearm and swing my room door open. I job down the stairs and head for the front door. My parents were busy with something and didn't notice me leaving.

I swung the front door open and left the house.

I cross over the yards and make my way to your front door. I get up to the front door and freeze again. Hand in the air, ready to knock on the door. But I stopped.

I exhale and with it, drop my hand. It falls to my side and I groan at my weakness.

"God, fuck. Luca, come on!" I try to get myself to move. But the only way I shift. Is by turning around and sitting down at the front porch steps.

My heart was beating incredibly fast. It could almost be heard from the outside. I could feel my heart start to strain at the thought of you not wanting me around at all.

"Don't fucking do this again," I groan and push myself up from the ground. I step back up to the door and knock.

No response. Again. Nothing.

I try the doorknob and it's unlocked.

Why would her dad leave it unlocked? Maybe he forgot?

He doesn't usually ever miss things like this.

I walk in and notice all the lights are off. Only a subtle sound of a loud mechanic beat going.

It was muffled and caught from the distance.

"Leilani!" I call out. No response. My heart started thumping faster.

I try to follow the sound of the machine and make my way up the stairs.

As I walk through the dark hallway I notice a light coming from the room at the end of the hallway. Your room.

I walk slowly towards it.

Pushing the slightly cracked open door, and coming into your room.

"Leilani?" I speak, swallowing hard.

The only lasting light on in the house was the one coming from your walk-in closet. I walk towards the half-open doors. The sound of the running machine coming from in it.

I pull the closet door open to a full.

This is where the story breaks apart. If you need to leave, go. There won't ever be a better time after the next moment to leave. You, the reader would be in too deep.

I pull the two white doors open with both my hands. And fall to my knees at the sight. 

You, in a pool of your own blood. Half-done stitches, using black thread, sewn through your two beautiful lips together. Blood oozing out of the pierced holes made to run it through.