Chapter Five - Memories & Sacrifice.

"I've came to just visit by, it's been a few years." he said, in a low tone. He walked up to me and sat beside me.

Clarke already left because he had to go to work, so I was left with my brother.

I couldn't believe he was here. After all of these years, why does he come now?

"Brother-" he said quietly.

"Don't call me brother. We are not brothers." I said and took a sip from my glass. Earlier I poured myself a glass of wine. I recall me and Clarke drunk a whole lot and got drunk last night, and my head was pounding.

He looked at me with a hurt expression and sighed. He made a few books appear on the counter and passed them to me. "I thought, you would want to read those old books of yours, the ones you were reading back at home. I got your journal also." He said and looked at me.

I looked at the books and looked at my journal. It doesn't look worn nor mistreated. "I took care of your journal since, you've left. I didn't look in it, so don't worry." He said and nudged my shoulder with his. 

I took my journal and opened it. So many notes were written. Most of the time back at home I wrote a lot while my brother did some dumb shit or he went off with his friends. I was never invited to anything. I wanted to join him everywhere. His friends didn't take a liking to me. I was always quiet and more of a trickster. I would always play tricks on them, to get their attention. But it only ended up with me getting yelled at and feeling more like an outcast.

I flipped through some more pages carefully, reading what my younger self wrote. I mostly wrote the events that me and my brother went through, or how I felt. 

My brother, Gael looked at me and made a golden horned helm appear.

He passed it to me and I looked over at him, taking it from his hand. I looked at it and admired it. It looked pretty new still, even though it was old. Thousands years old, I suppose. 

"Took care of this also?" I asked and looked up at him. He nodded and smiled. "Thanks. Never thought I would ever see these things again."

"Anything for my brother. It's the least I can do for not being there for you all of those years." He said, "Go ahead, and put it on. You have to and I missed seeing you wearing that while we battled all of those creatures back in our day. We were such a powerful team. Practically Unstoppable." He continued. 

I looked at the helm, remembering all of the good memories of me fighting beside my brother, being unstoppable. Yet, I also had bad memories. Wearing this through so many bloodsheds I've caused, battles, and war.

I held my breath and slowly put it on. My eyes turned emerald green immediately and I stood up, looking at myself in the mirror I had in the hallway. 

Gael came up to me and put his hand on my shoulder while we both stood, staring at each other in the mirror. 

The horns were a sign of loyalty and power. My mother gave this to me in honor of me, protecting a whole village by myself from a army of dark creatures. She always stood beside me in every ceremony. Father on the other hand wasn't the most bright about me having the crown of horns. It was supposed to be for my brother yet, my mother insisted and said I deserved it more than Gael. I showed my abilities, and worthiness. 

I let out a heavy sigh and looked at him. "I sure do miss fighting beside you, Gael. But I don't think the gold fits me." I said.

I made the helm turn silver, replacing the beautiful gold. He looked at me and smiled. "The silver fits you better, and plus I brought something else that would fit with the horns." He said and walked back into the kitchen. I followed him, shortly after looking at myself in the mirror and agreeing with his opinion about the horns.