Chapter 2 - The Return

-The Return-

I woke up the next morning sleep deprived, but excited to head to work with high hopes that a certain British boy would show up again. The shift started out normal, but by the time it hit 9:30, my heart was racing. I started to lose a little hope that he would even come back in by 10:15, but then, when I was least expecting it, at 10:39, GeorgeNotFound walked through the door.

I looked up and immediately got butterflies. He looked at me and smiled. He confidently said,

"Your smoothie sucked, gimme a new one."

I laughed and shook my head.

"I don't believe you. I know my smoothie was good. What's the real reason you're back?"

He smiled back at me and said,
"Okay fine, your smoothie was actually like really good. I just wanted a free drink."

"Humph. That's what I thought. Same one okay for you?" I turned around and started grabbing supplies to make the smoothie.

"Yeah. Gimme a free smoothie."

I sighed at him and started making his smoothie. I so badly wanted to bring up the fact that I knew he had a secret famous life, but I figured there was no way to bring that up without it being painfully awkward. I was trying so hard to think of SOMETHING to say, but I was pleasantly surprised when he initiated the conversation.

"So, you live around here too then?"

"Yeah, I moved like right by here a few months ago with my friend."

"Huh, okay," he said, and then it was silent. I finished making his smoothie and brought it back over to him. He smiled at me and then said, "So if this one sucks too, can I come tomorrow and get another one for free?"

I laughed then replied,
"Well, trusty customer George, this one isn't supposed to be free in the first place because you enjoyed the last one. But I'll let it slide this time, just for someone special like you."

We both laughed. He took a sip of his drink and I thought he would leave, but he just stood there. I started cleaning up the mess that I had just made. All of a sudden, he broke the silence.

"So um... I wanted to know..."

I turned around to face him. He was flushed red, and clearly uncomfortable, but still looking at me.

"I wanted to know if I could um... I dunno...maybe get your number?"

I was now bright pink with a smile crossed over my face. I started nervously laughing. I definitely wanted to give him my number, but I kind of wanted to make him work for it a little bit. I laughed a little bit more confidently now, as I devised a plan in my head.

"Alright George, you can have my number, but you gotta answer a question first."

I watched as his smile turned into a confused look.

"George, I gotta know, do you like Minecraft?"

I could see the panic flood through his face.

"Um...yes?"

"Okay that is all."

He then watched me scramble for a paper and pen. I wrote my name and number, then a little note that said, "I'm excited to talk to you, GeorgeNotFound." I handed it to him, smiled, then quickly finished cleaning. I know what I just did. The entire time I had a giant smirk plastered on my face. I can't believe I just gave him my number. I gave the cute British boy my number.

I turned around and he started shifting to leave.

"Thanks...I'll uh...I'll text you!"

I nodded and smiled as he started to walk out of the cafe. Right when he got to the door, I heard him disappointedly mumble,

"Ughhh- Fu-Nooooooooo!"

I immediately started deviously laughing. He walked back towards me. He just looked at me as I laughed, then started again,

"You know who I am?"

I looked back at him and smiled as I started to help another customer. When I looked back to him again, he was gone.