nineteen

19

3rd person’s POV

          IT WAS A FRIDAY NIGHT IN JANUARY. Natalie was nervous for one thing and that was performing in front of the whole school. The day that she was dreading had finally arrived and the Grease play was in the evening. The play’s entire cast was having their last minute dress rehearsals before the actual play started in only 2 hours. Mrs. Styles was practically all over the place, screaming ‘This is not right, ‘you said the line wrong’ when the actor had actually said his line right. Natalie thought it must been because she wanted the play to be absolute perfect with no flaws. As much as Natalie wanted the show to be perfect, she was already feeling tired and her energy had drained out of her after the rehearsals.

          At 8 o’clock in the evening, the auditorium was started to fill with families, students and teachers. Natalie who had worn her first costume for the first scene was feeling light headed and had the urge to vomit due to nervousness. Her parents were sat on the middle row of the auditorium as well as the other cast’s families. The teachers of the school sat right in the front row while the other seats were occupied by students.

          “Are you ready, Nat?” Liam said to Natalie as he combed his hair that had set into a quiff with loads of hair gel for his role of Kenichie.

          Natalie examined Liam’s appearance and he was wearing a black leather jacket that had T Birds at the back, a cigarette that was stuck on his ear and was wearing a pair of faded pale blue skinny jeans, “Nice clothes. Well, I don’t know. I’m a bit nervous that’s all. I’m just couldn’t wait for this to end!”

          “You’re not too bad yourself.” Liam complimented Natalie as his eyes trailed from her head to her toes.

          Natalie had worn a simple white dress and seeing that her hair was dark brown, Mrs. Styles gave her a blonde wig to wear, “Judging by the blonde wig I’m wearing, I’m never going to dye my hair this colour. It just doesn’t suits me very well.”

          Liam touched the soft blonde wig that fell on her shoulders and flipped it behind her shoulder, “You’re still beautiful either way.”

          “Aw, thanks Liam.”

          “Places, everyone! The play is about to start in five minutes!” Mrs. Styles hollered to all of them backstage.

          Natalie still had not seen a glimpse of her co star, Louis yet after the rehearsals. Seeing that she was in the first scene of the play, Natalie stood behind the red curtains that had separated the audiences’ eyes and the set on the stage.  She suddenly felt a hand placed on her shoulder and she looked over to see it was Louis who had dress smartly in similar clothes to Liam’s.

          “Are you ready, Natalie?” Louis asked her the same question like her best friend had asked a few moments ago.

          Natalie nodded her head, “Yeah. Pretty nervous.”

          “Me too.” Louis answered truthfully. He was nervous. He didn’t want to mess up since his parents were attending the play and he didn’t want to make a fool of himself in front of almost all the students as he was one of the Populars which meant he had a reputation to keep. If he did mess up, he will surely be a laughing stock for God knows how long.

          All the audiences were chattering away while waiting for the play to start. Natalie’s parents were waiting patiently and were engaging a conversation with George’s parents. Once the curtains were drawn opened, all the chatter that had filled the room immediately died down. All eyes were currently on the girl and the boy who were holding hands and acting out the first scene on stage.