[8] 𝑶𝒑𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑶𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒐.

|Talia|

|Talia|

Sitting next to Theo in the cafeteria my mind was still running with what just happened with Mr. Romano, he didn't seem very angry or confused when we were talking to eachother, in fact, he looked a little amused by something.

I got interrupted by Theo pushing my arm with his shoulder, "Talia, did you hear what Aliya said?"

"Hm—

"See I knew she wasn't listening, Theo can you please repeat what I said to her."

Rolling my eyes at her, Theo sighed while turning to me "Aliyas birthday is coming up, she wanted to know if you could show up to the party." He smiled showing off his pearly white teeth.

"She said that??" I was not believing anything he was saying, Aliya would never have a thought of me inside her one brain cell.

"Well technically, I suggested it to her since you are my best friend, and I would like to have someone there with me, that I know of course," he looked back at Aliya then at me again.

Thinking about it I knew her birthday was on a Sunday and I didn't have any plans that day, maybe I could have a little fun after everything that happened today.

"Okay, I'll come, but only because Theo is going."

"Alright, then it's final, I'll help you set up the decorations, and Talia can you please help out with getting the snacks and drinks with me Saturday, I'll give you the money for it." Theo was smiling ear to ear, he looked extremely excited about this party which was starting to make me happy.

"Yeah fine, but I'm not going all out for this."

"Alright baby, I'm gonna go over to the other table, see you next period." Aliya walked up to Theo kissing him on the mouth making me cringe before walking away.

"Hey do you wanna go to that new pizza place after school, I heard some good reviews about it already." Theo put his arm around my shoulder bringing me closer to him.

I sighed looking up at him, "I can't I have to go to my tutoring lesson once school is over."

"Aw, do you have to, we haven't hung out in so long." He let go of me and stuck his bottom lip out trying to make me change my mind and not get my dumb ass smarter.

"Theo you know I need to do this, I might have to go to summer school if I don't, plus you know my Italian teacher is always on my ass he might call my mom or worse fail me."

"All because you didn't show up to one tutoring session, come on Talia you are overthinking things, he could not possibly be capable of those things."

Rolling my eyes he wouldn't understand what I have to go through every day in his class, constantly being called on, not even knowing some of the words he tells me to say out loud, or having to write on the board a whole sentence in Italian.