Chapter 2 🥀

"I miss you Lily Chan..." Y/N said before slumping down on her bed and looking at the gloomy sky. It's been 6 years since Lily left Japan. Y/N missed her alot and wishes to see her again.

"N/N can you come here please!" Yelled her mother. Y/N sighed before grabbing her phone and went downstairs."N/N what's with the face, Is something wrong?" M/N asked worry laced in her voice."Im fine mom please dont worry too much.." Y/N said avoiding eye ontact with her mother.

"Y/N...hmm I know a way for you to take your mind off of it, Would you like to hear it?" Y/N looked at her mother, doubting if she wants to take her mind off of it and relax.

"Erm... Alright then what is it mom?" Y/N asked. "Great! Now do you know about the hunter exam?" Y/N's mother asked with excitement in her voice.

"Hunter exam?" The H/C girl asked tilting her head to the side. "Yes! It's a really fun experience, though it is quite challenging so are you up for it?" M/N asked.

"Hmm...it wouldn't hurt to try I suppose" The H/C girl looked at her mother for confirmation. "That's great, now go and pack up your things hmm?" "Alright mom!"

Y/N marched back to her room to pack her essentials in her favorite bag that her mother gifted her.

(You can choose what you like (●’◡’●)ノ )

Y/N packed all the things she needed she also changed her clothing.

"Bye mom!" The H/C girl shouted. She left her house snd headed straight to the docks. Y/N boarded the ship and sat near the railings.

Y/N POV

As I boarded the ship I heard a boy about the same age as me with long spiky black green tipped hair and large, hazel brown eyes. His usual outfit is composed of a green jacket with reddish edges covering a black or white tank top underneath, green short shorts, and green, laced boots.

"Wahh! He's so cute!" As I was in the ship I thought about introducing myself to him, though it's quite hard since im shy... "Urhmm, come on you can do this Y/N!

"Alright, let's go!" I said as I ran to where the kid with black green tipped hair was

3rd POV

The next morning, Mito and her grandmother bid Gon goodbye.

Upon boarding the ship, Gon bids goodbye to the inhabitants of Whale Island who flock the harbor to see him off. After he shouts that he will be the best Hunter, Gon is mocked by the ship passengers, who are also going to the Hunter Exam site. He observes the applicants on board and spotted a H/C girl.

"Hi there, what's your name?" Gon asked the female. "Ah my name's Y/N, nice to meet you! "Nice to meet you too, oh and by the way my names Gon Freecss" Gon replied bag with a smile evident on his face.

The two children conversed happily with each other.Gon observes the applicants on board, then he notices and helps Katzo, a crew member being bullied by his mates.

The Captain of the ship goes out of the cabin and orders Katzo to hurry up with his chore. Gon then tells the Captain that a storm is coming.

When the Captain asks how he knows, he says that the sea birds flying above them are warning each other of a huge storm. Gon confirms it by using his sense of smell.

The Captain is suddenly reminded  of someone.While the storm rages, nearly every exam applicant on the ship is seasick except for Gon, Kurapika, Leorio and Y/N.

The Captain summons them and asks for their reasons for taking the Hunter Exam. Gon quickly answers that he wants to know why his father chose to be a Hunter. Leorio and Kurapika refuse to reveal theirs while Y/N said that she was looking for her bestfriend

" I am hired to trim down the number of Hunter Exam participants before they reach the exam site, thus he can pass or fail them depending on their response. "The captain said.

Kurapika reveals that he wants to be a Blacklist Hunter to catch the Phantom Troupe who annihilated his clan, the Kurta. Leorio wonders why Kurapika has to take the exam merely for revenge, to which Kurapika replies that a licensed Hunter has unprecedented access to information and places, as well as the freedom to actions that are otherwise forbidden.

Leorio then states that he wants money and the comfort and luxury it brings, like huge fortune and free use of public amenities. Kurapika comments upon his statement, and Leorio is ticked by Kurapika not properly addressing him as Leorio-san several times already. He insults Kurapika's clan as disrespectful.

This sparks animosity between the two and they go out to the deck to duel. The H/C girl and the boy sweat dropped at their actions.

Meanwhile, the crew members try to stabilize the ship when Katzo is tossed and is about to fall from the ship. To which Leorio and Kurapika witness in horror.

Suddenly Gon jumps out of the ship to catch Katzo and the other two promptly catch Gon's legs but it wasn't enough strenght to pull him back.

Y/N quickly went to the scene and grabbed leorio and Kurapika's leg.

"Phew, Hey Gon dont be so damn reckless alright" Leorio scolded Gon to which he just scratched his nape and replied nervously. "Haha sorry!" Gon apologized to the three for his reckless actions.

"Anyway Y/N how did you pull us up like that weren't we heavy" Kurapika asked the female. " yeah im also concerned about that." Leorio asked as well. "Dont worry too much about it, besides you guys were as light as a feather!" Y/N enthusiastically replied back to them.

The next day, Katzo thanks them, and Leorio and Kurapika also reconcile. The Captain is impressed with them and he promises to bring them to the port nearest to the Exam Site.

                                                                               Aqua.
                                                                               1032 words