Chapter one: the backstory

Zenitsu POV:
It was a normal day at the butterfly mansion. Zenitsu went outside to see his friends Tanjiro, Inosuke, Nezuko and Kanao talking with eachother. Zenitsu overheard them talking about him badly, before coming outside, but he just pretend he didn't hear it and went to talk to them as well.
"Hey guys!" Zenitsu said, with a fake happy tone.

"Mmmmmm!"("Hello Zenitsu!")Nezuko said sounding very happy.

"Hey Zenitsu!" Tanjiro said as well sounding as if he was happy to see him, though Zenitsu knew it was fake.

Inosuke just said nothing.
They continued talking like they always do, but at some point Inosuke said "can you shut up for a split second? You're getting annoying!" Zenitsu just looked down and said sorry. After a while Kanao states "Why are you so quiet Zenitsu? You usually talk a lot."
Zenitsu didn't know what to do at this point. If he should talk or not. He then just said "sorry, I have to go somewhere." And then left.

Zenitsu walked a while, untill it was already sunset. He didn't really notice at first, untill something happens.

Out of nowhere a demon appears, but not just any demon..

"Muzan!" Zenitsu screams scared.

"Hello Zenitsu."
"What do you want?" Zenitsu asked angrily.
"Oh, I'm just here to make you an offer."
"Whatever you say, I will not except!" Zenitsu said resolutely.
"You can at least hear what my offer is." Muzan said, sounding angry.
"Fine.. What is your offer?"
"If you become a demon, you can have real friends. Nobody would ever be a fake friend to you and you could get revenge on them." Muzan said in a mischievous tone.
"But.. I'm sure they don't mean it.. they probably just had a bad day!"
"So they're always having a bad day?"
"Maybe something happens and they're just really sad about that so they just are not themselves at the moment.." Zenitsu said, slowly not believing his own words.
"We both know you're lying to yourself. Just except my offer and then you wouldn't have to worry about fake friends. And you could also see an old friend of yours."
"Old friend?" Zenitsu said confused.
"Does the name Kaigaku ring any bells?"
"K-Kaigaku?" Zenitsu said surprised, after hearing the name.
"You'll also be able to hang around the moons and if I think your strong enough, maybe I'll make you one to." Muzan said, making Zenitsu shiver a bit.
"Why- Why should I expect?!" Zenitsu shouted at Muzan.
"Like I said, you'll have friends, you'll never feel lonely or left out again and you'll be able to see Kaigaku." Muzan said, slowly getting frustrated.
"I'll.. think about it.." Zenitsu giving in. Muzan was thrilled when he heard this and said "I'll meet you here again tomorrow night. Till then you have to know your answer. I'll see you then." Muzan said to Zenitsu. Zenitsu then left for the butterfly mansion,got ready for bed and when he was done he went to sleep. All, he tried to sleep, but he just couldn't. He didn't know what he should say. Should he except, or should he decline.

Word count: 529