chapter four: New friends

It was Zenitus turn to watch Tanjiro and Inosuke to make sure they don't escape.
He was just standing there, looking at them.
"Why..?" Tanjiro asks slowly and quietly.
Zenitsu ignored him.
Then tanjiro just looked away with a sad face.
A few hours later, it was Doumas turn to guard them. Zenitsu left as soon as Douma got there.
But because Zenitsu can't use his blood demon art on his targets, if he can't see them, he told Douma to use his ice to keep Inosuke from escaping. This has worked before.

Zenitsu walked for a while, until he got to a river nearby. It was the river he used to love going with Nezuko at night. He knew Nezuko wasn't like the others. She liked him. But Zenitsu knew that if she found out what he did to Tanjiro and Inosuke, she would hate him.
After a while of sitting there, he heard a noise.
It sounded like lower class demons. Because he didn't want to be spotted, he quickly hid behind a tree and listed to what the demon was doing.

"I sensed it near hear I swear!" A male demon said.
"There is nothing here! And I don't feel anything!" Another demon said. It was a female demon.

The fact that the male one can feel my presence, means he is pretty strong. Probably devoured quite a few humans and demon slayers.
Zenitsu thought.

"There! I felt it again!"
"Are you sure? You often mistake a demon with a random animal."
"I'm sure of it! The aura is really strong!"
"Ok, and where do think it is?" Said the female demon not fascinated.
Shit Zenitsu thought worried he would get caught.
"There! Behind that tree" the male demon pointed at the tree Zenitsu was behind.
He quickly ran a bit, then stoped and thought why am I running? I'm almost as strong as a uppermoon! He stood still and waited for the demons to come closer.

As they got closer, Zenitsu got more and more nervous.

The two demons were right behind the tree and the male one screamed: "come out!"

Zenitsu slowly came out, but covert his face with his hand.

"What do you want?" Zenitsu said with his voice raised.

"ehm my friend wanted to prove me, that his ability to sense a demon got better. But i didn't wanna believe him, so here we are." said the female.
"and... who are you?" Zenitsu said.
"I'm Takashi!" said the boy.

(Yes, I am a gacha creator. If you don't like it, then do what you want. Idc)
"And I'm Midori! How about you?" said the girl smiling.

 Idc)"And I'm Midori! How about you?" said the girl smiling

"Im...Zenitsu.." he said slowly, scared, they would recognise his name.

" he said slowly, scared, they would recognise his name

"cool name!" said Takashi.
"Thanks" Zenitsu answered hesitantly.
"You don't have to be shy! We're nice!" Takashi said.
"Last time someone was nice to me, they betrayed me..." Zenitsu said with a sad tone.
"Don't worry! We won't leave you" Midori said nicely. But Zenitsu started to trust them.
"Anyways, why are you here, Zenitsu?" Midori asked.
"I used to love coming here with a person who I know they weren't fake. But she probably hates me after what happened..."
"Why? What happened?" Takashi asked after.
"I... took my old "friends" to..."
"To who?" Midori asked sounding skeptical.
"M-master.."
"Why?! You know he would just kill them and punish you!" She said scared for Zenitsu.
"No he wouldn't! He was proud!"
"How? And, who were your friends exactly?" Said Midori sceptical.
"Um..."
"Well?" Takashi asked as skeptical as Midori.
"They were..."
They both looked at Zenitsu.
"Go on, tell us!" said Midori promptly.
"One of them was the demon slayer with the hanafuda earrings..."
They both stared at him with shock.
"The one master is after?! And you were a demon slayer?!" Both screamed at the same time.
"Y-yeah... You can leave if you want, I'm used to it..."
"Oh my god, no!" Midori said worried.
Zenitsu looked at them shocked and confused.
'Even if you were a demon slayer, it doesn't matter now, because you're a demon!"
Takashi said in a nice tone.
Zenitsu smiled at them and they smiled back.
"Do you want to be friends? I know your last experience with friends wasn't the best, but I promise you, we'll treat you right!
"I guess, yeah" Zenitsu said, not knowing if he did the right choice.

Word count: 719