Chapter 5

New Hampshire - A few days later

I was lying on my bed staring up at the ceiling. I don't really know why, I was just bored and had nothing better to do. Johnson had left to go hunting a little while ago and nothing big was happening around the settlement. I had finished all the books dad had bought me yesterday and officially had nothing left to do. I sighed as I racked my mind for something to do. That is until I heard a knock at my door.

I got up and walked over towards the door and opened it. I found my dad standing by the door, he smiled at me.
"Hey Hamp!" He said cheerfully.
"Hi dad!" I said, a smile starting to appear on my face, "What are you doing here?"
"I was going to head the Maryland, and I was over around the colony and decided to pay a visit to see if you wanted to come along." He replied, "Especially seeing how you haven't met him yet."
Now I was curious, I had another brother.
"Of course we'll be making a quick stop at Rhode Island sense he's such a new colony." He added on.
I smiled at him and nodded my head. I was interested in getting to meet my brother and getting to see my newest one as well.

I then walked up to the posts next to my house. There were two horse there. One was mine, the other I assumed to be dads. I detached mine from its post and got on, my father did the same. Dad then took the lead and we started our way to Rhode Island.

We rode for a while until we finally reached the colony of Rhode Island. I saw a familiar figure approach and started to smile and wave. It was Rhodie or Rhode Island.
"Hey Rhodie!" I greeted as we came closer to him. He laughed at the mention of his nickname and waved back.
"You ready?" Dad asked.
Rhodie nodded vigorously and ran over to his horse. Dad then started to lead the way over towards the colony of Maryland.

I was getting more and more excited with every step that the horse took. We rode for a few more miles, I looked back at Rhodie who was practically beaming with excitement. I couldn't blame him, this was his first time traveling so far away from his own colony. I mean sure there was when he ended up in Massachusetts but Mass's colony is right next to his.

After a few more miles we finally came to a stop. I looked around at the colony. There were a few adults talking around and some kids playing in the streets. There was a nearby bay that was filled with fishermen. All in all it was a nice little area.
"Dad!" I heard a voice call out.

A boy came running up. The boy had short hair with obsidian black eyes. He wore a white poets shirt with black pants. His face bore the same flag as mine and the other colonies.

He looked up at us confused, then turned back to dad and asked, "Who are they?"
Dad chuckled and said, "These are you siblings. I've told you about them. This is New Hampshire and Rhode Island. Rhode Island is the newest colony to show up so far."
The boy laughed, "'So far'? You sound like you expect more to show up!"
"Well I don't know what to expect anymore!"
"Uh dad?" I interrupted, "Mind introducing us?"
"Right! Rhodie and Hamp, this is Maryland or Maryl for short." Dad explained.
"Nice to meet you two!" Maryl said brightly.
Rhodie smiled and responded, "Hi!"

We all got off our horses and head towards Maryl's house. We talked a bit as we walked over. I learned that he had showed up 4 years ago in 1632. We decided to stay for a bit. Once our visit came to an end, father led us back to our colony's. He ended up stay at my house for the night.

Today was a fun day. A long trip, but fun nonetheless. It was always fun to get to break out of the colony and explore. I got into my bed and got under the covers. I closed my eyes and thought about everything that has happened these past few days as I slowly drifted off to sleep.