childhood part 1

Hi my name is Raven... Raven Simmons. I am 23 years old African-american woman. I was born in the south side of Chicago Illinois.

Growing up was not easy I had one brother and two sisters that I had to take care of all the time because I was the oldest out of everyone and I had alot of Responsibility's. My parents were not rich they both had two full time jobs, and a car that didn't even run that well on gas.

Are whole family was living off of food stamps because the government thought that we couldn't afford food on are own so they decided to help us out. I was a great student in school, I don't know why but something about school I really liked.

My mom Tammy Simmons workes at Walmart and a nursing home. She was a very hard working woman I can honesty say she is someone I admire. Unfortunately she only had a high school education so she had very little knowledge of some things you should know in life. The reason why she didn't go to collage is because she was pregnant with me. Sometimes I wonder if she didn't have me would she even be this poor, would she go to collage and go for her dream job? Now on to the next person my old so loveing dad

Now my dad Chris he is someone that you don't want to mess with. He been rolling with the G.D'S folk since he was fourteen years old. Now if you don't know what G.D'S folk is its a gang that young African Americans get in to make fast money to provide for their family's but there are other gangs you can join to. My dad has seen a lot when he was a gang member he tells me story's on how he seen kids get shoot his friends getting shoot and even poor animals.

But there we this "mob" gangsters that always come over to are house and ask my dad if he has their "money". At the time I didn't really pay attention until a few days after.