Chapter eighteen:Fire and an enermy lurking in the shadows

Amelia's POV
You know that feeling when you see someone's heart break from that look in their eyes and you know you definitely did something wrong.

That's how I feel now.

I mean I would have told her when she was ready, and I didn't plan for her to find out like this but fate always has a way of messing up my plans.

I chased her, but unfortunately she was faster than me and I really could not attract the attention of the guards so I slowed my pace down with a panting Chris behind me.

"Where is she?" He asked as he held on to a tree trying to catch his breath.

"She went back home."I said as I removed a piece of black cloth from a thorny bush.

"Isn't that from the hoodie she was wearing?"

"It is." I said inspecting the piece of cloth. "Stephen please go home and I will go to Jessica's room." I said running towards their house.

The place was flooded with guards which was unusual since they never even paid attention to their jobs.

It took me two hours and hiding behind bushes that I finally arrived and entered Jess' room without anyone noticing.

I exhaled as I closed the curtains because it was late and the moon had already started rising in the sky.

I slowly crept towards her bed and found the sheets next to her covered in blood.

I immediately panicked.

What was going on?

My heart began pounding in my chest and that's when I discovered that her wrist was bleeding. I placed my hand on her forehead to feel her burning up and her breathing was becoming a bit shallow.

I gently took her injured wrist and placed it on my thigh as she whimpered when I touched her. I sat down and tried healing her wrist with the magic I learned from the fire kingdom.

It glowed a gold light and the damaged skin came back together without leaving a scar and she was healed.

I sighed and she stirred in her sleep and opened her eyes and they met mine.

Her red and puffy eyes met mine and she starred at me before she turned her back at me.

"Jess I'm sorry." I said whispering.

Nothing.

I sighed.

"I really didn't mean for you to find out like this because I thought I could tell you in my own time when you were ready."

"Who are you to decide whether I was ready or not, since you never told me I was going to die in the end or that you are royalty. Nevermind the fact that you belong to the fire nation."

"I was scared of this particular reaction and that you would leave me, not that I would blame you." I looked down at my hands and tears fell from my eyes as Jess sat up and looked at me. "I don't think I can handle it anymore, the pain of losing you. It just constantly reminds me that I will never have you, no matter how hard I try to avoid the curse from happening it always comes true and you die then I get left alone waiting, wondering when I will ever see you again and lose you. It's a painful process Jess, I won't lie but I still can't help but wake up loving you today more than I did yesterday. I'm sorry I never told you anything even though you asked so many times, I was just hoping that this time may it please last so I avoided telling you hoping this would be our forever." She hugged me and I returned her hug with both of us crying.

"I swear on all the forces of the universe that this time will be our forever, maybe the curse may come and take me but I want you to know that no matter where I am I will always love you. I'm sorry for overreacting." She said with a smile.