Chapter 1

A/N: Sorry this is a bit of a bore. It's only the beginning, so i assure you it'll get more interesting :)

If you've got any questions, ask me on tumblr! www.woah-melissa.tumblr.com

Thanks for reading!

...................................................................

"I don't need your help! Like you've already helped me enough through these eighteen shitty years!" I hollered back at my mom while i dragged my suitcase down the front steps, keeping my focus ahead of me, not daring to look back.

"Are you kidding me? You can't be serious. I've helped you well enough throughout your whole life. Your life started because of me!" She yelled after me. I felt her evil gaze burning in my back.

I closed my eyes and deeply breathed. I started off calmly,"My life started because I was a mistake. You've reminded me every week mum. You didn't even want me. Hell, dad didn't even want me!" My voice began getting louder and more powerful. "That's obviously why he abandoned us. Then you abandoned me, like you needed to get revenge on dad. All you did was work at your shitty stripper job all day, then come home drunk. And on top of that you'd drink again when you got home! You haven't been there for me. I haven't had a real mum. Gramma was more of a mother to me than you ever were! I don't care what you say. I'm leaving. Isn't that was you always wanted?" I turned around with a stern look. Not showing any fear, but only the confidence I'd been building up these past years. I never had the audacity to spit back at my mum. But as you can see, I've grown up. I began speaking softly once again, but still attaining my serious tone."So tell me mum, if you've given me such a great life, then why am I leaving today? Tell me."

"You know what Jay? Fine. Leave. I'm not gonna stop you. Go ahead. I don't want to hold you back. I want you to have a better future for yourself, because apparently I haven't provided you anywhere near one. You don't need me? Don't call me." My mum spit harshly at me, making me whimper slightly. She had never been this serious with her words while sober. She turned around abruptly and slammed the door, leaving me standing there alone, choking back my tears.

I turned around and dragged my suitcase weakly behind me as I hurried to my car. I threw it in the back and ran to the driver's side and sat there in silence as the tears silently fell from my now burning cheeks. I looked back at the house and saw my grandma peaking out from the curtains. Her face fell and she wiped the minimum tears from under her eyes. I didn't want to leave my grandma.. but I needed to do what was best for myself. I suddenly let out all my frustration out, pounding my right palm on the steering wheel repeatedly. People were walking past and they just stared at me. I didn't care. I was an emotional wreck, and I needed someone to talk to. I called my best friend Tracie.

"H-hello?" I stuttered between my sniffles.

"Jay? What's wrong? Are you okay? Where are you?! Jay!"

"Trace... Can I come over first?"

Her voice turned more sympathetic rather than intimidating. "Yeah, sure. Come on over babe." I didn't say bye, but just nodded my head like she was able to see me. I calmed down a bit before starting my way to Tracie's house.

After crying in her chest for what seemed like hours, I finally explained what was happening. She didn't say a word until I was done, all she did was nod and hug me while I vented. She always comforted me. Being the protective and insane friend she was, she had the softer more caring side to her. That's why she was my best friend, ever since kindergarten.

"Thanks Trace. This really helped." I almost whispered, slowly and weakly pushing myself up to face her.

She smiled crookedly. "No problem Jay. You know I'm always here for you." I forced a smile back, not that I didn't want to smile at her but in the fragile state I was in at the moment, I wasn't exactly the jolliest girl. "Well are you gonna go stay with Dustin until we head off to uni next week?"