Chapter 1: Announcement

Disclaimer: I own nothing in this story except for my OCs.
One punch man is property of  ONE
My Hero Academia is property of  Kohei Horikoshi
________________________________________________________

UA Academy; Musutafu, Japan
Two months after the start of the school year.

Izuku Midoriya's day had been nothing special up to this point. In fact it had been quite normal. Of course his concept of normal was very different from that of an average person, since battling robots for most people would have been quite strange, but after 2 years at UA high school, it was becoming, dare he say it, quite repetitive.
So of course, when his homeroom teacher Aizawa told the class that he had a special announcement to make after lunch, his curiosity peaked.

One hour later, he found himself sitting at his desk while talking with his friends Iida and Uraraka, excitedly speculating among themselves about what the teacher was going to tell them.

"Midoriya, tell me, do you have any idea what information Aizawa-sensei might give us in his announcement?" Iida asked while turning around, eyeing his two best friends.

"I hope it's about a school trip somewhere" said Uraraka, with a hopeful gleam in her eye "god knows we need one after what happened last year".

All three of them shuddered. The fight with Shigaraki and the rest of the league had possibly been the worst experience any of them had ever had, but in the end they had emerged victorious, even if at the cost of many heroes, many of them killed by Shigaraki himself before a well placed shot from one of hawks feathers had finally ended his life.

"While I agree that a trip does sound nice, I don't believe that is what is going to happen" Midoriya answered, shaking his head. "I do have some ideas about what it could be, but since I'm not sure I won't say anything so I don't get your hopes up."
"But if it's what I think it is, this school year is going to get much more interesting."

Iida was about to say something else, probably to try and probe more information out of his friend's mouth, but in that instant Aizawa entered the classroom, accompanied by a plain looking man in a plain looking black suit, with a plain looking black briefcase, sporting a bored and disinterested look on his face.
All in all a very plain and unassuming man.

Ignoring the obvious curiosity emanating from his students, Aizawa slowly made his way to the front of the class and in a bored tone, started speaking:
"Ok brats, sit down, shut up and listen, what you're about to be told will influence your school life for the next few months, so pay close attention to what this man is going to say."
With this, he backed into the corner of the room where he wrapped himself in his sleeping bag, closing his eyes.

Meanwhile, the unassuming man took his place in front of the class and, after opening his briefcase and positioning some papers on the ledger, began talking:
"Well, good afternoon, my name is Satoshi Isshiki, and I am a member of the Japanese government, specifically the ministry of defense. I am here to talk to you about the event that is going to take place here at UA in six weeks."

At this point even the less curious students started paying attention. A man from the government was here talking to them, so obviously the situation was serious, and a few people, including Midoriya, had a strong feeling about where this conversation was going.
"I guess my first theory was correct" thought Todoroki. "The timing certainly adds up, it's been roughly, what, four- four and a half years since last time, so it definitely makes sense."

Clearing his throat, Isshiki carried on: "As you all know, with the arrival of quirks in our world, almost all normal sporting events around the globe became obsolete, with the different quirks every player had rendering almost every game unplayable. So, to quench the population's need for entertainment, new sports were invented, and of these new sports, quirk fighting quickly became the favorite. In a short time quirk fights reached the same level of popularity that the old sport of football had achieved, and so, a multitude of national and international events were formed.
Amongst these, the 'High School World Championship' became the most followed, bringing in roughly a billion and a half viewers around the world for each edition."