XIV. Roof

[time of death]

chapter fourteen - "roof"

When Melissa walked through the doors to the morgue, she was face to face with the girl she knew as a daughter. And that girl brought Melissa into a hug, letting her be emotional. This was an emotional experience, even if it wasn't exactly real.

"I still hate this plan." She finally said, letting go of Phoebe. "I mean, this is - pretty significantly terrifying, he looks dead."

Kira's mom looked over at the other mother and reached out her hand. "Give me your hand."

Melissa looked at Stiles who nodded and whispered, "It's okay."

Her hand was placed right over Scott's heart, which was slowly beating. Very slow to be precise.

"Wait for it," Angelina said with a sad smile.

She listened for the heartbeat and smiled when Melissa felt it. "Is that enough to keep a werewolf alive?"

"Enough for an alpha," Kira's mom corrected.

"How much time do we have?"

"Forty-five minutes."

"What happens after that?"

"I bring him back the same way," Kira said.

"No, I mean what happens if he stays like this longer than forty-five minutes."

Angelina looked at the ground, her hands slightly shaking. Liam slid his through hers, intertwining their fingers.

"No one's told her?"

"What? What happens after forty-five minutes?" Melissa demanded for an answer.

"He dies."

Angelina was quick to get out of that room. She hated the feeling. The smell. Everything about that room, she hated. Now she was with Stiles, Liam, Phoebe and Kira in an empty hospital room.

The same three laptops from earlier that day sat open on the bed. Waiting for the cameras to be uploaded onto. Soon enough each screen had four different tiny screens on them.

"Uh, guys," Angelina motioned to the camera which was glitching out.

"Is that supposed to look like that?" Liam asked leaning over her shoulder.

She turned to look at him, not realizing how close their faces were. She quickly turned back around, ignoring her heart beat speeding up.

"No, no it's not," Stiles sighed.

"Where is that?" Kira asked.

"The roof," Angelina mumbled, stepping away from the laptops.

"Someone's going to have to check it out," Stiles added.