Chapter 3

A million thoughts ran through Chase's head, but all he could do was stare. Sebastian clearly felt the same, because the look of shock on his face almost completely mirrored Chases *Shit, I can't make a scene here, not with this many civilians around. I'll have to wait until the lesson is over to take care of him.*

Chase snapped out of his initial shock and kept walking towards his ex-best friend. Once they were next to each other, they spent the majority of the time before stretching staring each other down. The instructor finally broke the silence between them, "Okay, I hope you all had a chance to get to know your partners. Now let's begin our warmups. Let's start with a 10-second toe touch." The instructors words started to fade away as Chase was zeroing in on Sebastian. He was wearing a shark-skin black vest over a black button-down, with black dress slacks. He looked quite dashing for an escaped convict.

Sebastian was the first one to speak. "Why are you here? Arent you supposed to be monitoring detention right about now? Ive been there enough times to know the routine."

"Gee you remembered." Chase said sarcastically. "I took the night off to come here. And I should be asking you the same thing. How did you escape?"

"Wouldn't you like to know? Let's just say, normal prison cells can't hold someone with their bionic chip still installed and active." Chases stomach dropped. *Shit, I must've accidentally activated them.*

"For the smartest man in the world, that was a pretty stupid move." Sebastian chuckles. "Don't think I've forgotten what you did to my Father. You, and your little family of do-gooders, will pay."
Chase tries to act unfazed, but he's actually quite intimidated.
"Don't flatter yourself, I left your chip in because it was too fried to be removed. I don't know how it's even working now." That was a lie. The truth is: even though he was so brutally betrayed, Chase couldn't let Sebastian go.

They continue the rest of their stretching in silence, and now it's time to start dancing. As Chase suspected, Sebastian is leading. He's trying not to blush, but it's very clear he's embarrassed. Having your greatest enemie's hands wrapped around your waist isn't exactly an ideal situation. As they're going through the basic waltz steps they don't break eye contact. Waiting for the other to make a snide comment. But they just stare and sway in silence. "Very good you two, you're both so in-sync." the instructor says as they walk around to the groups. "Huh, looks like we do work well together." Sebastian teases.

"Yeah, I know, I'm the one who said that to you." Chase bitterly replies.

"Alrighty, now that you've all got the basic steps down, let's practice a simple choreographed waltz, here are the first eight counts...." The instructor shows the class the moves and Chase and Sebastian mimicked. Every spin, every rotation, was executed flawlessly. "Huh, not bad for a deranged, madman." Chase mutters, loud enough for only Sebastian to hear.

"Thanks, those combat exercise really improved my coordination."

Chase is starting to loose his temper. "Oh great, it warms my heart that you gained some real life skills while you were plotting to destroy me and my family."

"Whoa dude, chill out it was a compliment."

"I don't need your compliments. What I need is for you to admit your a psychopath and get back in jail. This time i'm making sure your chip is gone, no matter how painful it is to remove."

"You're gonna have to catch me if you want me back in jail. And your little hero morals won't let you start a fight in such a crowded area. Guess luck just isn't on your side today."

"You should worry more about yourself, because I'm not letting you leave until this place is empty. Then I am taking you down once and for all."

"Oh really? You're gonna take me down all by yourself?" Sebastian says in a patronizing tone. "That's cute. Now let's finish this dance so i can get on with my newly free life."

Chase shrugs off that last remark in confidence. He is showing no mercy this time around. He will take Sebastian down.