Chapter 7

Sebastian wakes up in a hospital. He's hooked up to an IV and Chase is in the bed next to him.

"How did I get here?" He asks.

"The instructor found us both passed out on the floor and called 911. I guess the paramedics didn't recognize you so they kept you here. I woke up about two hours ago." Chase responds.

"Ok I've had enough of this, I'm leaving. I thought it would be interesting to mess with u a bit before I went on the run but it's caused more trouble than fun. See u never" Sebastian remarks as he tries to geo-leap away.

"Yeah, that's not gonna work. While you were out of it I removed your chip. For good this time."

"Oh so u just so happen to carry a chip extractor with you when you go onto the mainland?"

"Sort of. It's part of a multi tool Mr. Davenport have to the mentors. They're supposed to be used if a freak accident occurs with the students. I forgot it was in my pocket. Guess luck was on my side today." Chase explains with the smuggest expression.

"Great, so I guess you won. Go ahead, turn me in." Sebastian says. There is no patronizing tone to his voice. He just sounds defeated.

"Believe me I want to. But if Mr. Davenport finds out that I kept your chip in AND got us sent to the hospital, I'll be in huge trouble. I'm gonna have to find a way to sneak you back into jail myself."

"Oh boy, another adventure." Sebastian sarcastically reacts.

"Listen, we once we get discharged we'll stay at the hotel down the street until I can come up with a way to get you back into jail. And I will be staying with you 24/7 until then. Are we clear?"

"God, this sounds like going on a mission with you all over again. You're so bossy."

"Sebastian."

"Fine I guess I'm in. But don't think I'm not gonna try and escape every chance I get." Sebastian knew that going with Chase was his best bet. It would keep him fed and give him a place to stay, and once the plan is almost complete he can just run away.

"I would expect nothing less." Chase says as he gets out of bed to shake hands with Sebastian and make the plan official.