Chapter 6

Chase swings first. He aims for Sebastian's torso but Sebastian dodges it. Chase and Sebastian keep swinging at each other and dodging the others attacks until Chase is backed up against a wall. Sebastian presses his laser bow against Chase's inching it closer and closer to his body. When Sebastian is nose-to-nose with Chase, Chase takes advantage of Sebastian's now limited field of view and trips him. Sebastian, however, recovers quickly and gets up before Chase can get the upper hand. They keep roaming around the room fighting each other. Unfortunately, since both men are such an even match, neither of them are leaving any openings to make a critical move.

At one point Sebastian bumps into the CD player that contains the track for the waltz song from the dance class, and it started playing. That's when it all started to click for Chase. They were subconsciously following the pattern of the waltz they just learned together. With this information Chase can predict Sebastian's movements. He ends up catching Sebastian at a point where he is off balance, and knocks him to the ground. There it is. His opening. His chance to end it all and finish Sebastian off..

But he doesn't take it. Some part of him, a small but very prevalent part, still wants to give Sebastian a second chance.

Sebastian senses this hesitations and takes the opportunity to tackle Chase and pin him to the ground. "You're pathetic, you know that Chase? You had the perfect moment to kill me and you didn't take it. Why? Because it's too easy? No, it's because you still have hope. You still think that one day i'll change my mind and come back to the academy and it'll be a big happy ending. Chase, I WAS MANIPULATING YOU. I never considered you my best friend, I was never grateful to you or Mr. Davenport. I WAS LYING. I don't know why you still hold onto this delusion but it's time to let it go." Sebastian ends his speech with the thrust of his laser bow right at Chases chest. Chase blocks the strike with his laser bow. It's now a battle of willpower to see who comes out on top.

"You don't think I know that? Every day I look in the mirror and shame myself for falling for your manipulation tactics. But like it or not you're the first person who I've truly trusted outside of my family. I've had many friends, most of whom were just using me for help in school or because I was bionic. With you I knew it was different. So no, I don't want to eliminate you, but I will make sure you pay for what you did to me and my family." Chase uses his emotions to gather enough strength to activate his molecular kinesis at the same time as his laser bow and send Sebastian up to the ceiling. As he crashes to the ground he sees Chase collapse first before blacking out.