V. I needed you

- 𝚒 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚢 𝚋𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚛

˚˙༓࿇༓˙˚˙༓࿇༓˙˚˙༓࿇༓˙˚

ADELEINE MARTIN stood next to George her hand rested on his bicep in comfort as Izzie stood on the other side of the distracted young doctor while he peered down at his fathers chart while Christina stood slightly behind them using Adeleine as a balance as she attempted to peer over George's shoulder to observe the sheets of information as a voice hit Adeleine ears while Meredith greeted the group of interns, "Today is the day people. Today is the day when dark and twisty Meredith disappears forever. And bright and shiny Meredith takes her place. You're probably not going to want to be friends with me anymore cause the sheer intensity of my happiness will make your teeth hurt. That's okay, 'cause life is good. Life is good. What's going on?"

Adeleine glanced at George as if asking for his permission to inform the young girl and once she got the confirmed nod she exhaled, "George's dad was admitted last night."
"Oh my god, is he okay?" Meredith asked as her stomach twisted nervously in response as concern swept over her.
"He's fine." George replied
"He passed out, hit the floor and fractured his clavicle." Izzie elaborated
"His clavicle in fine. Callie said.... she said it's fine." George repeated causing Adeleine to press her lips together in sympathy over his rather stressed expression.
"Are those his AM labs?" Meredith wondered reaching the group to take a look herself.
"Complaining of severe abdominal pain." Alex spoke up in acknowledgement.

"He doesn't have peritoneal signs, that's good." Christina praised as the familiar voice of Bailey sounded as she searched for the exact thing the interns were surrounded around.
"Has anybody seen..." she trailed off as she caught eye of the chart causing George to speak up quickly in defense, "I was just looking at it."
"Don't you think me reading it is more important than you reading it?" Bailey hummed in response taking the board from the interns hands as he responded, "Sure. Fine. He's going to be fine."
"You're on SCUT today. You'll be distracted." Bailey told the boy causing him to shake his head in denial, "No I wont..."
"Family members do not treat family members, SCUT." she ordered causing him to nod.
"I'm scrubbing in on a surgery with Dr. Burke this morning." Christina informed the woman causing her to slightly scoff before stating, "Of course you are."

"Karev, Sloan. Grey, pit. Martin you're with me on the O'Malley case. Stevens shadows Karev. And let me remind you again of the rules of your probation." Bailey began as Alex interjected about Izzie knowing the rules of her probation which Bailey dismissed and continued anyways, "No touching patients, no talking to patients, no rolling your eyes at patients...or your superiors."

After a few minutes, Adeleine followed Bailey into George's fathers room only to see it almost completely filled with what Adeleine figured to be George's family.

"Looks like you've got a full house Mr. O'Malley." Bailey greeted
"Just waiting on the wife. She's in DC chaperoning a field trip. She'll be back tonight." Mr. O'Malley stated smiling at the doctors causing Adeleine to smile kindly in return as a greeting.
"His clavicle is still hurting, so I added PRN morphine every 4 hours." Callie explained
"And I scheduled your endoscopy for this afternoon." Bailey informed the man
"And endo-what?" one of the brothers questioned
"Scope. It's like... a camera." George responded as he stood next to Adeleine.
"That sounds dangerous. Is it dangerous?" Brother one asked