VI. in my head

- 𝚒𝚗 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚋𝚢 𝚙𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚜

˚˙༓࿇༓˙˚˙༓࿇༓˙˚˙༓࿇༓˙˚

THE NEXT MORNING, Meredith, Cristina, and Adeleine - found themselves seated on a bench outside at Seattle Grace Hospital, sipping on take-away coffee cups in their scrubs. The sun was just beginning to rise, casting a golden glow over the hospital grounds.

"They always look so sad when I kick them out." Meredith sighed dramatically recalling this morning with her one night stand. Her two friends chuckled in response, knowing exactly what she meant. "Seriously, why do guys not understand that when you pick them up in a bar and take them home for sex, there are no picket fences or kids in your future?" Meredith continued, earning nods of agreement from Cristina and Adeleine as Cristina let out a sigh and reached into her pocket, pulling out a key. She held it up for Meredith and Adeleine to see, causing Adeleine's eyes to widen with surprise.

"Burke keyed you?" Adeleine asked, a smile playing on her lips.
"Got freaking keyed before coffee." Cristina nodded, a hint of frustration evident in her expression. Meredith chuckled at the situation.
"What is wrong with them?" Meredith wondered aloud, referring to their romantic entanglements.

"They're like these 1950s debutantes, one dance and there's a shotgun to your head." Cristina quipped as the trio shared a knowing glance before Meredith turned her attention to Adeleine.
"Speaking of which, what's going on between you and Alex?" Meredith asked, referencing a recent gossip she had heard resulting in Adeleine to glance at her surprised but she maintained her composure. 
"What do you mean?" Adeleine replied, trying to play it cool causing Meredith to lean in, a mischievous glint in her eye.
"I mean, Derek told me that you two kissed," Meredith revealed, enjoying the opportunity to stir up some drama.

 "I'm seriously going to have to talk to that man about privacy," Adeleine remarked as she rolled her eyes. 
"So, what's the deal?" Cristina asked, curious about Adeleine's romantic prospects resulting in Adeleine to shrug, a small smile tugging at her lips. 
"We got a few drinks, and he kissed me. But I told him I wasn't ready to start anything yet," Adeleine explained, downplaying the situation making Cristina raise an eyebrow playfully. 

"Well, be careful. If this pattern keeps up, you and him might get married next week," Cristina teased, earning a laugh from the group as Adeleine shook her head, amused. 
"God, I hope not," Adeleine replied, not quite ready to dive into a serious relationship. Just then, their conversation was interrupted when Steve, Meredith's one-night stand from the previous night, approached them. He looked uncomfortable, holding a jacket in front of his lower abdomen region.

"Meredith," Steve greeted, his tone uneasy causing Meredith to glance up, a look of shock crossing her face. "You work here?" he questioned 
"What are you doing here Steve?" Meredith inquired confused causing Steve to shift awkwardly. 
"I'm having a little problem," Steve admitted, his discomfort evident while Cristina turned to Meredith surprised. 
"Steve, Steve?" Cristina recalled as she recognized him from Meredith's escapades as Steve glanced around nervously before revealing his predicament.