twenty-five

I was terrified for today. Ashton and I just got to class and we're waiting for the last professional makeup artist to arrive.

I could tell he was nervous too. Liza and Vance were holding hands and talking amongst themselves.

They got assigned to do beauty makeup. I know they're going to do amazing because that's their strong suit.

When they walked in, you could feel the tension. Everyone was on edge.

Our teacher started giving her lecture to them and explained who we are.

When she finished she explained to us how we have three hours to do each others faces. Ashton said I could do his face first.

So he was sitting on the chair as I stood next to him. We had to make each other look like werewolves so it was going to be hard.

But I knew I could do it. She started the timer so we started working. Ashton didn't say much while I worked on his face.

I could feel the pressure on me with them watching. But I tried my best to not focus on it.

I kept repeating the words Colby told me. He told me that I could do anything and he believes in me.

It kept me going. The next three hours are very long and tiring. Since I'm a perfectionist with makeup, I worked the whole time.

The professional makeup artists took a look around at everyone we worked on.

I was so happy with how Ashton looked. When they were done looking, they let us go for an hour lunch.

Ashton spent ten minutes of it taking his make up off since they gave him permission.

We all went to Raising Canes for maybe the last time. Last time for the school time.

During the whole lunch we spent it eating and retelling our favorite memories from class.

I'm honestly super happy that I met these three people. Vance will never fail to make me laugh and he'll always know what to say.

Liza is super caring and isn't afraid to show it. She's also fun spirited and almost always says yes.

And then there's Ashton. The one person I connected to the most here. He listens to me if I need to rant to him.

He's always down to doing something and he doesn't care what anyone thinks of him.

I knew I had a soft spot for him when he told me that he was trans.

I feel like I have a strong bond with him and I don't want it to go away. When we got done, we went back to class.

We made sure to use the bathroom before hand knowing we can't use it for the next three hours.

I sit in the chair Ashton sat in and pulled my hair back. Vance and I high five as they start the timer.

Another long three hours go by. By the time it was over, my ass was numb.

They looked at everyone and discussed among themselves.

After twenty minutes, they allowed us to take the makeup off so we can get ready for the graduation ceremony.

We don't do much for it. We did get allowed to invite our friends and family.

We're going to start at the back of the place and walk towards the front door as our friends stand on the side, cheering us on.

I was happy the nervous part of today was over. As I was peeling the makeup off, Ashton stood and watched.