Chapter 23: Close

"Alpha, I have news about the border." Asher reported, standing in front of my desk.

"Yes, asher?" I ask looking at some paperwork in front of me.

"Alpha the rogues have returned. I caught one of them trying to sneak into the territory and this is one I think you want to know about."

I look up from my paper work, surprised, "why is that?"

"Because he knows about the Luna. He's searching for her."

In a heartbeat I stood up from the desk and opened the door to my small office, "take me to him, now."

Asher leads me down across the territory to the pack dungeon, the one that once held my beautiful Annabel, and I try to push away the memory of her stay here. I follow my beta into the large stone building and down the hard steps into the lower floor, where the inmates are kept. I usually require all rogues be killed on sight, otherwise they think they can mess with my pack, but this rogue must know something very important for Asher to hesitate with the kill.

We stand in front of a closed cell and a man about my age lay on the cold stone floor, dirt caked into his blonde hair and only a thin sheet to cover his body, "this is him," my beta says.

The rogue opens his eyes slowly and a smile spreads across his face, exposing his decaying teeth, "ah finally, the Alpha. I guess my plea was heard."

My jaw tenses as I resist the urge to snap his neck immediately, "what is it that you know of my Luna?"

The man sits up and pretends to find interest in his hand, "oh I just need to know what she looks like at this point. I know she used to be human and I know she was taken from her home and she was attacked by a rogue."

My wolf growls from within me and I grab the bars of the cell door angrily, "how do you know all of that, rogue?"

The rogue smirks up at me before shrugging and replying slyly, "just do. My leader wants her, you know, and he wont leave without her. I suggest you prepare for war or you give her up because this is going to get messy."

A loud growl escapes my throat, "she isn't going anywhere. Whoever your leader is will be dead before he can take one step in my territory."

The rogue shrugs again, "I doubt it. Have you ever heard of the Blood Alpha?"

The memories of my past flood my brain as I clench my fists and I can feel my wolf scratching to get out, my eyes turning black as I rip the cell door off the wall and grab the disgusting rogue by the throat, "you're one of his, are you?"

The rogue suddenly loses his cool demeanor and tries to claw at my hand around his neck, cutting off his oxygen supply, "y-yes."

I throw the rogue on the ground and I can feel Asher's approval as he takes a step back to allow me the space I need before I grab the man again and pull his head to my chest and muttering, "then I guess you'll see him in hell."

I snap the man's neck before he could scream and drop his body to the floor with a thud and Asher pipes up from behind me, "what would you like me to do now, Alpha?"

"Find the Blood Alpha. I have a message for him." I reply and walk up the stone steps and out the door of the dungeon.

I need to find Annabel now, so I can hold her and calm my wolf down. He continues to send me images of ripping out the heart of the Blood Alpha and I try to contain my approval. Both my wolf and I have grown very protective of our mate and the idea of that monster being anywhere near her makes my blood boil. If I don't kill something or hold Annabel in the next five minutes I will become unhinged and go on a rogue hunt.