Chapter 6

———————————————

You wake up from a dream that you've forgotten most of the details of. As you wake up, you see someone beside you, sitting on a chair. It's Mumei. One of her hands is on your forehead. She hasn't noticed that you're awake because her eyes are closed, making her look like she's asleep herself.

"Mumei?" You say, causing the one mentioned to open her eyes.

"Ah, you're awake."

"Why is your hand on my forehead?" You ask as you put one of your hands on hers.

"Well, when I saw you, your cheeks were red. I thought you caught some sort of fever..." She says with a drop of sweat rolling down your face in which you, fortunately, did not notice.

After she mentioned it, you thought of the cause. You thought about it for a while until you remembered something from your dream: you and a smaller version of you patting your head.

"A-Ah..! I think it's because of my dream," you stuttered while thinking about that specific part of the dream, making the already visible blush become more noticeable.

"I'm guessing it was good?" Mumei asks. You nod your head in response due to being unable to speak properly, which is caused by your current state being a blushing mess.

"Well, I'll be in the kitchen," Mumei takes her hand off of your forehead and walks to the door.
"Enjoy your day with Mihiro," she looks back at you and smiles before she walks out of the door.

Right, that was today. You sit up and get off of the bed to get ready. Opening the closet, you grab some clothes that you can wear for the day. After that, you get out of the bedroom and walk over to the kitchen to see Mumei cooking.

"I'll take a bath first, is that alright?" You ask Mumei.

"It's fine," Mumei replies, not bothering to turn around to look at you. Either she focuses on her cooking or she turns her head like an owl to see you.

After she responds, you turn around and head to the bathroom to take a bath.

——— Mumei's P.O.V. ———

As (Y/N) closes the bathroom, I let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank goodness the spell worked," I focus on my cooking as I let my thoughts run through my head.

Being able to stop another 'nightmare' is a good thing. If it wasn't for me interfering with it, I would've had to wake her up using methods that I don't want to do.

Katharízo, a cleansing spell. It's a spell that's unknown to this... world. A spell that was created, not by me, but by someone I know. It doesn't have much uses, but it is very effective at what it can be used at. Using it at her nightmare deemed effective. It got rid of whatever she was supposed to be 'dreaming' about.

I finish cooking our food. I put it on a wooden plate and set it on the table. As I sit down on a chair, I cross my arms and close my eyes, waiting for (Y/N).

——— 3rd Person P.O.V. ———

As Mumei is waiting for (Y/N), she was thinking about someone. A being whom she knows is the cause of the nightmares that (Y/N) had. As she was doing this, she leaned back onto the chair she's sitting on and sighed.