[1]

When the sky was getting dark outside, Lani was walking around at the gate of the flight she originally had to take to go to London. Her dad was gonna get remarried to someone she didn't even know and he'd invited her to the wedding.

But all of her expectations about the wedding were completely ruined as soon as she found out her flight had already taken off 7 minutes before she arrived. The stewards suggested that she could take the next flight instead, which she eventually accepted.

She still didn't know how to explain the fact that she was gonna be later than expected, but everything was gonna be fine if she would just tell him the truth.

Luckily for her the wedding was at 1 pm, which could've been worse if she couldn't be there for her dad in a moment such like this. She actually didn't like the idea of going, but she tried her best to see the fun in it.

As she wanted to sit somewhere, she looked around at the seats and saw that almost every single one was occupied. She sighed in relief as she finally found one that wasn't occupied and still at her gate. She walked up to it and sat down.

She put her bag on her trolley case and looked for her phone that was somewhere in the bag. She needed to call her dad to tell him she was gonna be a little later than expected, hopefully he wasn't gonna be mad.

So when she eventually found her phone, she opened her contacts and pressed on the one which said 'London'. She gave him that name as soon as he left to go to London to go live with his new girlfriend. After that, he never actually returned to New York again.

"Hi Lani, what's up?" she heard on the other side. "I missed my flight so I'll arrive a bit later tomorrow." she said in a measured tone which she always used when she called with him. "When will you arrive then?" he asked as she heard his fiancé in the back.

"My new flight is gonna arrive at 11:15 tomorrow morning." she said. "Well, it's not too late so I think you could get here on time." he said. "Hopefully, yeah." she said. "How long do you have to wait now?" he asked.

"For like 1 and half hour or so." she said as she looked around in the gate. "Well, it was nice talking to you again." he said. "Same here, see you tomorrow." she said as she put the phone down after he said goodbye.

She sighed and looked beside her at the man who was reading his newspaper as he often opened it loudly. She actually needed to go to the bathroom, but the problem was that she still had her trolley case and bag with her.

The bag wasn't a problem, but then you had the trolley case. She looked around and found someone who looked trustworthy. She spoke to her and asked if she could watch her things for a few minutes, but the woman said something like 'That's illegal.'

She sighed and continued to look around until someone walked up to her.

"I could do it if you want." a guy said. She examined his features for a second.

-Tall, about 6'0 (1,82 m)
-Dark brown hair, fell just below his eyebrows
-Freckles across his defined cheekbones and nose
-The most gorgeous green eyes, almost like deep into a rainforest

"It's okay, but thanks anyway." she smiled as she got up and walked over to the window as she suddenly dropped her bag on the floor. She looked at herself in the window and saw her blonde hair that came a little underneath her chin getting in her face.

She sighed and kneeled down to pick it up again as her sweater that hung around her arm also fell to the floor. She moved her hair out of her face and thought, "Now this again'. As she stood up again, she noticed that her trolley case wasn't there anymore.

She turned around and saw the guy she saw earlier standing next to her with his hand around the handle of her trolley case. "What are you doing?" she asked confused. "It looked like you could use some help." the guy said. Lani just looked at him.

"And then there's nothing illegal about it." he added with a grin. She thought about why she deserved an errand boy, but when her bag on her shoulder started to get heavy, she nodded anyway. The guy smiled as they walked away together.