[13]

A few minutes later as everyone was seated and waiting for Ava and Elijah to walk in, the song 'Talking to the moon' by Bruno Mars which announced that it was time.

The moment they walked in, it just looked like they were shining. 2 heart spotlights were on them and followed them as they walked in slightly dancing. Lani noticed Oliver glancing at her as Ava and Elijah were dancing on the dance floor.

"Wanna dance with me later?" Oliver smiled at Lani. "Sure, but I'll already tell you, that I can't dance at all." Lani laughed a bit at Oliver who was sitting opposite of her on the table. "Don't worry, I'll teach you." Oliver smiled.

"Alright then." Lani smiled and looked back at the bridal couple on the dance floor.

As the song ended, Ava and Elijah walked over to the table and sat down next to each other opposite Lani and Oliver.

When everyone was almost done eating, Lani suddenly felt something on her upper leg. She looked down and saw that it was Oliver's hand. She looked at him in a confused way, which gave Oliver the sign to explain.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" he asked as he looked Lani in the eyes. "Sure, yeah." Lani said as they both stood up. "We'll be right back." Oliver smiled as he looked at Ava and Elijah who were looking at them. "Alright." Ava smiled.

Lani and Oliver walked out of the ballroom, towards the big hall of the hotel that was behind the doors.

"So..." Lani said as she looked at Oliver. "Lani, I really need to tell you something." Oliver started saying. "Something personal, I'm guessing?" Lani tilt her head a bit. "Something like that, yeah." Oliver said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"I think I hear music." Lani said as she nodded at the doors they stood in front of. "We can join them later, but this is really important." Oliver shook his head slightly. "You're making me really curious, you know that right?" Lani laughed a bit.

"Just- just close your eyes, okay?" Oliver looked at Lani in an almost begging way. "Okay?" Lani frowned her eyes but then closed them.

Oliver took a big breath and decided that it was gonna be the time to let Lani know about his feelings for her. The people he'd dated before weren't people that gave him some sort of trust and comfort. Lani was different, better than them.

He placed his left hand on Lani's right shoulder and leaned a bit forward so his face was at the same height as Lani's. He brought his face closer to hers and wanted to touch Lani's lips with his and-

But their moment was ruined at the moment that Alice opened the door again and Lani opened her eyes, even more curious than before.

"I'm sorry if I'm interrupting something, but everyone's going on the dance floor now and I had to ask if you guys were coming too." Alice said as she stood in the doorway. "Yeah, we'll be there in a second." Lani smiled as Alice closed the door again.

"So uh- just forget this. It doesn't matter anyway." Oliver shook his head and opened the door again with Lani following him. "Oliver, just tell or do the thing you wanted to say or do earlier. It's okay, I'm here for you." Lani smiled as she grabbed Oliver's sleeve.

"I'll tell you in a bit, I promise." Oliver smiled slightly. "Alright then, let's join the others." Lani nodded to the other people dancing on the dance floor with Ava and Elijah in the middle. They walked up to the group and stood in position.

"Now, just hold my shoulders. I'll hold your hips and then we can start." Oliver smiled as he placed his hands on Lani's hips. "Oh god, I'm praying for you right now." Lani said as she placed her hands on Oliver's shoulders.

They started dancing around, Oliver still looking in Lani's eyes like she woke up on his shoulder on the airplane a few hours back. He had this sparkle in his eyes that couldn't tell anything different than he didn't want to be anywhere else at that moment.

"You know, I actually wanted to confess to you earlier." Oliver suddenly said as they were dancing. "Wait what?" Lani asked confused. "Yeah, I know. I just couldn't do it for some reason. Maybe I was scared of rejection, maybe not." Oliver laughed slightly.

"Do you really think I would reject you?" Lani said. "Well yeah, I mean- wait, what do you mean by that?" Oliver asked. "Oh, you know what I mean." Lani smiled as she stood on her toes and pressed her lips against Oliver's.

"Wha- why did you do that?" Oliver asked, still in shock. "Isn't it obvious?" Lani laughed a bit. "Well yeah, but like- I didn't expect this." Oliver laughed as rubbed his neck. "Soo, now we don't exactly have to act like we're dating." Lani laughed a bit.

"OF COURSE- do you want to be my actual girlfriend?" Oliver laughed as he looked at Lani. "Of course I will." Lani smiled as she hugged Oliver tight. "The good thing is, your parents already met me." Oliver laughed.

"That's right, you don't have to do that anymore." Lani laughed as they continued dancing, this time hugging. "Oh god, I'm so glad I met you." Oliver laughed as he planted a kiss on Lani's forehead. "Same here." Lani smiled as she closed her eyes.

As Lani opened her eyes again a minute later or so, she saw Alice winking at her which meant something like, 'I told you'.