[5]

Lani suddenly woke up, she didn't even notice that she fell asleep again. It was mostly still dark in the plane, but you could already see the daylight through the plane windows.

There were already people all around them stretching, yawning and returning breakfast trays to the flight attendants.

This time Oliver's head was on Lani's shoulder and he seemed to be still deeply asleep. When she tried not to move, her arm suddenly trembled, causing him to wake up.

"Sorry." they said in sync. They were almost gonna arrive in London and Lani for sure knew that she looked like a total mess. As she saw herself in the toilet mirror earlier, her hair already had a lot of knots back then.

Normally she wasn't so concerned with her hair and makeup. She was blond and small, which often made her attract the attention of the people at her school. She didn't want to know how she looked like at that moment.

She was still a bit tired and all she wanted to do was fall asleep next to Oliver again. He also looked different than the Oliver she had been talking to in the dark airplane. He also looked tired and he had a print of her shirt on his cheek.

"We're almost there." he said as he nodded to the blinding of the window. Lani slowly opened it and saw a beautiful sky with thousands of clouds underneath them. It was almost painful to look at by spending the past hours in the dark.

"Good morning everyone, we're currently almost landing in Heathrow. It's now 10:45 am and the weather looks good, 22°C and sunny. We'll land in about 15 minutes which is a bit earlier than expected." the pilot started saying through the microphone.

"Please fasten your seatbelts again. It was a pleasure to have you flying with us and we wish you an amazing stay." the pilot turned the microphone off.

"How many degrees Fahrenheit is that?" Lani asked as she looked at Oliver. "About 71.6, which is pretty warm." Oliver said.

And at that moment, she might've even felt a bit hot. Maybe it was because of the sun that shone through the windows or just because of the guy that was sitting next to her with his messy hair and playful smile on his face.

"Do you think we're through all our discussion material?" Lani asked. "Probably not, for example... I still don't know what destinations you would like to go to for vacation." Oliver said. "Just something in America, probably." Lani shrugged her shoulders.

"Anything else than that?" Oliver asked. "Australia also sounds cool." Lani said. "With all the kangaroos." Oliver smiled. "Yep, what about you?" Lani asked. "Washington and Los Angeles have always been interesting for me." Oliver said.

"My mom's originally from Los Angeles." Lani smiled. "And your dad from New York then?" Oliver asked. "Yeah, so I'm technically half from Los Angeles and half from New York." Lani smiled. "So your future kids will have a lot of nationalities." Oliver said.

"State nationalities then." Lani said. "Yeah, how's your mom dealing with this marriage by the way?" Oliver asked. "Well, from the moment they divorced has she been crying nonstop. I always comforted her, but it didn't change much." Lani said.

"Divorcing someone and then finding out that they're gonna marry someone else might indeed feel bad. But hopefully she finds someone else that she can be happy with except for you." Oliver smiled. "That's true, it's hard." Lani said.

"I don't exactly have experience with that, but I think I can feel what you mean. It's not always easy to just move on with your life, your parents were probably married for a long time." Oliver said. "Yeah, for 12 years." Lani said.

"I hope everything will be okay." Oliver smiled. "Me too. By the way, who's wedding are you going to actually?" Lani asked. "To my sister's, she's getting married to her boyfriend who she has been together with for 3 years." Oliver smiled.

"That's wholesome, what's her name?" Lani asked. "Amelia, her boyfriend's name is Elijah." Oliver said. "How old is Amelia?" Lani asked. "She's 4 years older than me, so 24." Oliver said. "Well, send them my best wishes." Lani smiled.

"I will, don't worry." Oliver smiled. "Everyone, we're now arriving on Heathrow. You can already see the runway through your windows." the pilot said through the microphone.