5

-Once you're living under my roof, you're going to follow my orders

-Once you're living under my roof, you're going to follow my orders.-His voice echoed through the boy's ears.- Obedience is your key to stay here. Don't think that only because you're my brother's son that you'll stay here. You'll have to work.

Márie looked at the kid and her boss across the room, she knew that sending the biy to France wasn't only a way to keep him away, but to train him. Each step that man took on his life was with a purpose, and that boy's life...it was as if he was only a piece in his chessboard game.

-But, I-

-DID YOU HEAR ME?-His voice echoed through the mansion's structure.

Márie trembled, worries for the young master, while he only nodded, scared at the man in front of him.

-Yes...uncle.

-Call me sir.

-Yes, sir.

The man looked at one of his employees:

-Prepare my flight back to the US.

-Are you leaving already? What about me?-The boy asked.

He looked at the boy with a mortal glance, he was only a child, only a kid and passed through all of that already.

He didn't even reply, just walked away, as the kid fell on his knees on the floor, watching his so called uncle leave.

As the boss left, Márie went after the child, touching his shoulder and squating on the ground:

-Hey, hey...-She spoke in his language, but with her french accent- It's okay...you're not alone.

-Who are you...?

-I'm Márie. And you?

-...Rowan...Rowan Ledger.

-What a beautiful name you have.-She smiled.- Don't worry Rowan. I promise you.-She looked into the boy's eyes-You'll never be alone again.

°°°