chapter 11

Haruto's POV
A day has passed and Hana and the gang are preparing for a music class session between their two classes. Hana, nervous and thinking she didn't practice enough, sighs heavily as she is called to the center of the room to sing.

"So, Hana..." Class 3-B's music teacher Ms. Kang began as Hana trudged her way over to center stage. "What song will you be singing for us today?"

Hesitantly, Hana spoke, "Suzy and Baekhyun's Dream, but my duet partner doesn't seem to be here..." As Hana glimpsed all around the room, her duet partner appeared to be nowhere to be seen.

"Alright... Would even like to volunteer to be Hana's duet partner for the day?" Ms. Kang asked of the class, hoping someone would raise their hand to volunteer to be Hana's partner. When no one did so, I reluctantly raised my arm. Amused, Ms. Kang smiled and motioned for me to take a seat next to Hana. "Okay now, shall we start?" Placing the piano sheet music onto the little stand above the piano itself, Ms. Kang beautifully played the notes as Hana sang. 

I covered my ears in repulsion as I heard Hana sing the first few notes off-key. "Uhh..." Hana began. "My voice sounded fine yesterday! I wonder why it sounds so off today?" 

"Hana, you alright?" one of the mean girls of her class Yulee asked as she let out a small giggle. "That was horrible! Maybe you should just stick to acting! Oh wait, you're bad at that too!" The entire class let out a series of laughs as Ms. Kang told everyone to shush up.

"Yulee, that wasn't very nice! I'll be talking to you after class!" Ms. Kang exclaimed, to my surprise. "Haruto, Hana... I'm so sorry about what Yulee said but I would like to see you two early tomorrow morning if possible. I would like to talk to the both of you alone," As the music class came to a close, I waited as Doyoung seemingly took forever in the bathroom. 

Finally, Doyoung came out. "Bro, what the hell? Why did you take forever? Were you taking a dump or something?" With a chuckle, I nudged Doyoung to say something. With a shrug, he trudged away from me. It seemed as though Doyoung wanted to avoid me for some unknown reason. "Yo, Doyoung! What's wrong? It's like you've been avoiding me for a whole week? Did I do something?"

"Yeah, you did do something, Haruto!" Doyoung exclaimed, swinging his backpack on his shoulder like some sort of sling. 

"Wait... I did?" I asked in return, raising a brow in utter curiosity to what he could have possibly meant. "Doyoung, what did I do?"

"Don't act like you don't know!" Doyoung then grabbed me by the shirt collar and threw me upon the floor forcefully. "Will you stop acting like you care about Hana?"

"What do you mean? I do care, Buddy! What the hell is wrong with you today?" I stated, catching my breath. Doyoung sure is acting strange today. "What do you mean by that? That I don't care about her?"

"So you admit it! You do like Hana don't you?" Here, I was caught off-guard. Me like Hana? He can't be serious right now! "Haruto, think about it! Your sudden personality change and then you essentially volunteering as tribute to help Hana out during that little duet session for music class... Don't you think you changed even just a little bit because of her?"

"What the heck, Doyoung? If you're saying that I somehow gained feelings for Hana... Then, you're totally wrong!" But before I could quickly run away, I tried my best to cover the blush pink tint upon my cheeks. "Wait... I can't be serious right now!"

"That's right, Haruto! You're in love with Hana!" Doyoung then went on to give me a rough punch to the face. "Now, wake up! There's no way a Fallen and a human can fall in love with each other! You know that's totally against Heaven's rules, right? Isn't that right, Yoshi hyung?" Waiting for Yoshi to answer, Doyoung turned to face the older male who instantly stopped him from harming me any further.  Yoshi, irritated, whispered something into Doyoung's ear in order to calm him down. 

"Doyoung, calm down!" Yoshi yelled. However, it was too late. A crowd formed among us, watching, pointing, and taking videos of the so-called fight taking place. "Just leave Haru alone for now!" Rapidly, he dragged Doyoung out of the hallway and told me to not mind him. But how can I not mind what just happened? After all, Cupid literally told me not to fall in love with Hana. But why? I could've sworn I have no such romantic feelings for her. Why would Doyoung think this? It makes no sense to me...

Doyoung's POV

While Yoshi forcefully drags Doyoung out of the Hyerim Academy's main hallway, Doyoung quickly yanks Yoshi's arm off of his shoulder and cusses at him.

"Yoshi hyung! Quit it!" I yelled, yanking the older male's arm off of my shoulder. "What the hell? You know Haruto's falling for Hana, don't you? So, why didn't you get involved with the fight?"

"Doyoung, I have no right to get involved!" Yoshi hyung exclaimed in reply. "And, you don't have that right as well! Doyoung, what's gotten into you lately? Why are you being so different towards Haru?"

"Hyung, I- I..." Here, I hesitated, unsure if I should really tell Yoshi hyung what my intention was for hurting Haruto. "I think I might like Hana..."

"You think? Doyoung, it is quite obvious, I have to admit! But remember, we're on a mission here. Hana and Junkyu must become a couple. I'm just trying to ensure Hana's utmost happiness here!" Yoshi hyung seemed passionate about wanting to help his Given be happy. 

I wish I had the same passion with my job as an angel. But being Cupid himself is not easy at all, especially since all the other Matchmaker angels expect you to have gotten your gift already. 

"Anyways, I'm late for class! See you after your drama class, okay?" Yoshi quickly waved me goodbye and headed in the direction of Class 3-B's classroom. 

I waved back, unsure of what I should make of the predicament I had caught myself in.

_______________________________

Thank you for reading up to this point, everyone! I would just like to thank all of you who have stuck with me and this story for such a seemingly long time! ❤️ I also was considering scraping this story altogether at first, but over time I came to really wanting to finish it! Stay tuned for chapter 12! 

XOXO,

Cath