11

Awsten's green hair twinkled in the light of the mid-day, his eyes were shut tightly. He was rolled onto his stomach, snoring softly.

"Mommy! MOMMYYYY!!" Charlie shook his mother. Awsten decided to be a mom, instead of a dad incase Geoff wanted to come back, which didn't seem like was going to happen since it's been a few years. They broke up and Geoff left in the middle of the night while he was supposed to stay at the apartment to help with Awsten's pregnancy. That morning Awsten had to drive himself to the hospital and give birth alone. He didn't know why he even still believed in Geoff coming back because now he was some super famous punk guy in a band, but he hasn't stopped releasing songs about Awsten ever since the night he decided to run away. It was now New Year's eve and he knew he was gonna hear some song about him on the tv tonight.

The two moved into the kitchen and living room after Awsten woke up. Awsten made his 4 year old some cereal and put the bowl onto the dining table. Charlie dug in. He moved to the kitchen and began flipping through the stack of mail.

"Bills, Bills, coupons, boring, oooh! Mail." Awsten counted to himself, before smiling as he got to the mail and opened it up, not reading who the sender was.

Dear Awsten,

I don't know if you have updated your emails, but I have invited you and Charlie to the ball drop for the new year. Please come early, we need to talk. I did messed up things, I want to be in my daughter's life. Please let me. I'm sorry I wasn't there, I should have been.

Love, Geoff W.

Charlie loved New Year's and always attempted to stay up to watch the ball drop. She always loved the lights and the music, Awsten had always recorded the rest of the ball drop for her so she could watch it when she woke up. Maybe it wasn't a bad idea to go, although Awsten did not want to speak to Geoff. But that might be the only way to get in. Awsten sighed and looked at the time. They were gonna be really late, but Awsten shrugged it off and waited for Charlie to finish her cereal.

"Done, mama!" Charlie smiled as she hopped up out of the chair and went over to Awsten, lifting up her bowl. Awsten took it and put it in the sink,

"Thank you my love!" He picked her up and brought her to her room which used to be Geoff's old room. The house had almost been completely reformed, the room was made for a child's room and the shelf of adult phallic objects was took down, everything was in Awsten's closet. It was replaced with pictures and figurines. Most of the house was still pink though because Awsten loved that color. Awsten began to get her dressed in a white long sleeved shirt and overalls. He finished it with a nice comfortable coat that would last her through the night. Awsten got up and grabbed a brush and hair spray as well as two hair ties. He sat on her bed and pulled her onto it before brushing her hair.

"Mommy..?" Charlie sat criss cross, biting onto her bottom lip.

"Yes, baby?" Awsten gently dragged the hairbrush through her brown hair, making sure all the knots were gone.

"Where we goin?" She asked.

"It's a surprise!" Awsten smiled as he pulled her hair into two little pig tails. He got up and sat in front of her then put her beanie on.

"Awww!" Awsten smiled at how cute she looked. She also looked an awfully lot like Geoff. The same eyes and hair and nose, but she was still his baby.

"Play for a little while. Mommy's gotta go get dressed." Awsten got up and left his four year old in her room. There were baby cameras in there so he could watch if she was doing something that she wasn't supposed to, but her room was only just right across from Awsten's. He began to get changed into a very similar outfit of overalls over a large pink sweater which he pulled a large coat over. He pulled on his pink converse before moving back to Charlie's room and grabbing her little converse.