Chapter 30

Hey, guys! Happy Easter for those who celebrate it today! And thank you guys so much for 5,000+ reads! Hope you enjoy this chapter and happy reading!

Kozmotis watched the scene each through the reliquary, seething quietly, as Eret peeked meekly over his shoulder.

"Boy," Eret said, "don't you hate it when that happens?"

"She leads a charmed life, that little one," Kozmotis said, keeping his mounting fury in check. "Someone is always there to save her. In the palace as a child, on the train, and now... it's him."

Kozmotis studied Jack in the reliquary, with him and Elsa still in an embrace.

"Nice looking fellow," Eret observed. "I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not attracted to him in the physical sense, I just-"

But Kozmotis was not interested. He stared into the reliquary and spoke directly to it.

"You're toying with me, aren't you?" he growled. "You let me get so close..."

The reliquary, as if in answer, seemed to be chuckling. Kozmotis smiled and joined in with it.

"Eret..." Kozmotis said, "have you ever been to Corona?"

Eret grimaced. "Me? No. Rich food kills me. Ever try and fly after one of those heavy sauces?"

Kozmotis chuckled, returning the reliquary back to its cabinet. "We're going to Corona, and while we're there... let's kill the young man. He annoys me."