Slow down

She said I don't love her as much as she loves me. She said mutual affection is the catalyst for having a long-lasting relationship and one-sided effort would mentally ruin the healthy condition of one's emotion and spirituality. She said I am intentionally ignoring her best days thus preventing us from having emotional intimacy. She said-

But I am proposing the exact opposite. I say I am loving her and I want the fighting to come to an end. I want her to slow down and listen to what I have to say. I want her to stop pointing small errors in our relationship every so often and be infatuated with each other- let the future come as it is.

I have failed in our relationship, is that what she wanted to hear from me? You see, I do understand her. I am unknown to where we stand. I just want her to slow down.

I don't want to leave. I refuse to give up on our relationship. I am aware we are currently not compromising what we should be compromising. We are stuck in the cycle of pride and ego and confusion just as despair is placed in. I need her to slow down for us to talk.

She said she would leave everything and what we think would never matter then. I remember she cried with her hand on her chest, clutching the burden that has weighed her too heavy- she was too stressed. she ate based on what her emotion liked. I didn't like it when she said those things to me but I let her say those things because I knew she was hurting and doubting my actions. I wanted badly to share the heaviness she felt, it was worth it to feel anything for her because I want her to stop crying.

After we finished fighting, her shirt was tattered from her squeezing it; I straight-ahead hugged her and asked her to slowly breathe. I asked her to slow down so we can make it better sooner than we thought. Because I believe we can make it better. I just need her to slow down.