Chapter 5

Loki was looking outside from Thor's -in fact, their's- chambers, thinking everything through. More than a month had passed since they had made up and they had announced their relationship to everybody. They had to explain Loki's true heritage, and luckily, there was never a confrontation. Of course, nobody would dare to even think something remotely bad about Loki or their relationship while Thor was present. Nonetheless, Loki had seen some looks of disgust behind his back. Some people even tried to outcast him, but that was simply not going to happen. However, Loki knew exactly how the court worked in Asgard. If they didn't want him being a prince -after he saved their useless lives-, they would never accept him as his king's husband. There was still a way for them to accept him, but every time he had mentioned it to Thor, the king would be completely against the idea. Even though, there had to be a way. Loki wouldn't give up.

He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't hear Thor entering the room, so he was very surprised when he felt his brother's warm hands on his hips and his lips kissing his cheek. Loki smiled, caressing Thor's neck and trying to forget what he was thinking, so his brother wouldn't know it.

"Stop thinking so much." whispered Thor in his ear, before turning him around and kissing him sweetly on the lips. "It'll only make your head hurt." he said, smiling. Loki caressed his cheek, admiring his beard with his touch.

"That is what happens to you, because you're not used to thinking, brother." they both chuckled. "Shouldn't you be training our soldiers?" Loki asked, using his other hand to caress his blond hair.

"Yes, but I needed to do something here before that." he looked for something inside his cloak. "I have our engagement rings." he announced before handing Loki his ring. It was made out of gold, and it had a rounded sapphire, with some strange lines in white which formed the shapes of lightning. Loki looked at Thor's face, who was smiling warmly at him, holding another ring in his hand. This one was also made of gold but had a rounded emerald -just like Loki's eyes- and it had the horns from his helmet made out of gold as well. "This one is for me. I wanted something which represented us. And, they are covered in vibranium from Wakanda, so we can both fight with them on and they won't break. Do you like them?" he asked, hopeful.

"They're beautiful. I love it." Loki eagerly put his on, while Thor did the same.

"So, this means you will marry me?" asked Thor, hugging him again. Loki chuckled.

"Yes, I will marry you, dumb oaf. You shouldn't need to ask." he put his hands on Thor's broad shoulders. "But you know that the council won't accept it, Thor." his older brother rolled his eyes. They had had the same conversation over and over again. "Eventually, you will have to produce an heir. And they'll want a queen." he reminded him, even though he knew that Thor didn't want to be reminded.

"I don't care. We have already discussed this. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, and I don't give a damn about what they want." he said, exasperated. Loki's brow furrowed.

"I could shift into a female and produce an heir, I think..." he wasn't sure how it would work, but he could investigate.

"I don't want you to do that. You're beautiful to me like this. The Loki I have always known." Loki smiled at that.

"But really, it wouldn't be a bother. I'd need to investigate, of course. But you know that even though I identify as a male, I am gender fluid." Loki pressured, even though he knew it was a lost cause.

"I know, Loki. But this is not about that. If they respect me as their king, then they should respect who I choose to marry. And I will make them see it." Loki rolled his eyes but didn't push the topic any further.

"Alright, you are the king." he said, sighing. "Now, go. The young soldiers must be excited and eager to see the Almighty Thor." he said ironically, his brother smiled smugly.