Visiting his job

Kurapika was sitting in front of you, his face was completely serious and fingers interlocked in front of him. He was listening very carefully to what you had to say.

You were pouring your whole heart into your speech. The speech to persuade him for you to come to his job. It was just for one event!

Kurapika was visibly regreting telling you about his coworker. In an attack the past week he was killed, and now Light Nostrade was looking for a new hunter to help with an event ASAP.

"Y/N. Save your breath. You are not going with me." He said.

"But Kurapika come on! Give me some arguments, why can't I? I'm not a child, not an amateur, I can handle myself, come on! I don't really need the money, I just want to be with you. I don't want the same happening to you like what happened to your coworker."

He looked at you with an offended look.
"I don't need protection. It's too dangerious for you. You are not going."

Now you were offended. Does he really think that low of you? Now you were one hundred percent sure you were going.

You didn't work tomorrow so you had time to do this.

You had Light Nostrade, his boss's number. You went onto the balcony to talk to him. Usually his boss was extremely picky about who he hires, but this was not a situation he could be picky in, plus you were Kurapika's partner so he trusted you, at least a little bit. You were a great candidate.

Everything was arranged.
You knew there was no point in telling Kurapika about your plan, so you kept quiet until the next day, the day of the event.

Kurapika slept peacefully thinking he persuaded you.

The loud alarm woke you up.
5:30am.
It was earlier than usual, he probably set it that way so he can get to work earlier, to prepare everything for the event.

You had no idea what the event was, but you were going to show up. Period.

He went into the bathroom to get ready, so you quickly jumped out of your bed to get dressed.

As he walked out of the bathroom with his hands fixing his hair, he spotted you completely dressed. It was weird for him to see you up so early, but he just assumed you were going to your job.

You went into the bathroom after him to wash your teeth and get ready. You caught him just in time when he was going to the door to leave the appartement.

"You're not going to wait for your new coworker huh?" You said.
He turned around with his eyebrows furrowed and lips slithtly apart.
"Huh?" He was hoping you weren't serious.

"You heard me loud and clear. Wait for me, I already notified Light."
He was looking at you for a few moments, not knowing what to say.

If you already arranged it with Light, he knew he couldn't protest. Walking to his car he was telling you how bad of an idea this was and how you shouldn't have done this.

"Oh come on, lower your voice. It's not even 6am, you are gonna wake up our neighbours."
You kissed him on the cheek before getting into the car, which quickly shut him up.

He was clearly annoyed, but what could you do? Sit at home and say "It's alright, be apart of the big event and risk dying, I will be at home."

You were getting closer to the Nostrade mansion. It was huge, much bigger than you expected. You entered the big metal gates, and started walking towards the entrance of the mansion.

At the door you were greeted and escored to a big meeting room where everyone else was, including Light and Neon Nostrade. You really didn't like Neon, for more reasons that one.

Light started his speech and gave everyone their tasks for the event. It was starting at 9am. He considered you being new and didn't know the place, so you and Kurapika were paired together.

You both were relieved, you could look after him and he could look after you. Perfect.

You were suppose to guard the gates of the mansion, to check everyone coming in and to make sure every single person that came in was verified.

Kurapika was really stiff and nervous even though you got the best possible outcome.

Until 9am, everyone was assigned to prep the mansion.
Everything was almost ready. You looked at the time in your phone, 8:51. You tugged on Kurapika's shirt to inform him. You both took the lists of the guests and went to take your positions.

The list was big. There were definetely more than 120 names.
Soon enough, people started pulling into the driving spots in front of the mansion, and you started doing your job. You had to check the names, while Kurapika was making sure they had no weapons with them.

9:34am. Most of the guests were already in the building, but there were around 15 guests you had to wait for. Nothing happened for good 15 minutes, so you decided to spike up a conversation.

"So how are you?" You turned to Kurapika.
"Y/N this was a stupid idea, you see nothing would've happened to me."
"Yeah, yeah. So anyways, when was the last time you went to a barber, your hair is getting really long."

"I didn't notice it really, but its been a while." He said while looking at the piece of blond hair in his fingers.
You couldn't hear anything or anyone coming, everything you heard were his nen chains clanking.

You touched his hair with a serious look.
"Y'know, you really should start using a hair conditione-"
He pulled you into a tight hug. His head on your shoulder. You could feel his heart starting to beat faster.
You were confused, but didn't protest. He pulled away and you continued the conversation, now holding hands together.

You were sure you were blushing. Kurapika was looking down at you with eyes slightly closed and with a slight smile. He probably realised there weren't any threats, and that he didn't have to worry.

You put one hand on his shoulder and the other one on his arm. He pulled you into a kiss, but quickly pulled away. You were both reminded you had a duty when you heard a car coming closer.

You continued doing your job and checking in the late guests. After that, you had more tasks to finish until you could go home. The day really stretched itself out, and by the time you had came home, it was already 6pm.
"See, I was right for coming!" You said.
"Yeah, today we were lucky nothing happened." He looked away.
"Also, I'm glad we got to spend time together." He said.
He always got shy when he said romantic stuff, which was rarely, but when he did he couldn't look you straight in the eyes.

You hugged him without a reply.