𝘢𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘪 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯

after the d-reaper evolved into mother d-reaper, the tamers had no choice but to retreat since they can't hold their forms inside of d-reaper's bubble. they all part ways as the d-reaper overtakes the monster makers base.

amari decides to take a small trip to taito with her family to clear her head of all the hardships she has been through since moving to shinjuku.

______________________________

"gran?" the plum haired girl said as she entered the house that belonged to her grandmother. an elderly woman hummed lowly from the living room as she heard footsteps approaching. "in here, mari." she spoke. the young tamer hummed as she entered the living room. "hey granny." she smiled as she walked over to the rocking chair her grandmother sat in. the older woman smiled back at her grandchild. "hi there, deary." she said, her eyes glancing down at the digimon in her arms. 

"and you must be the famous lunamon i've been hearing so much about. " her grandmother added. the white digimon in her arms blushed lightly at the mere mention of her name. the plum haired girl glanced down at her digimon in reassurance. "lu, this is my grandmother." she introduced. "this is the woman who taught me all i need to know about crystals and such." she stated. the rabbit digimon hummed softly and nodded at her tamer. letting out a soft sigh, amari took a seat in the couch next to her grandmother. 

"sorry for coming in unannounced."

"unannounced?" the woman repeated, shaking her head. "tamaki called and told me that you were headed here." she stated. "and i had a feeling that you would come here after you settled down at shiori's." she added. the young tamer chuckled lightly.

her family really knew her antics.

the young girl leaned against the cushions of her grandmother's plush couch. her honey brown eyes wandered around the interior of her house. she couldn't help but think about her friend who desperately needed help back in shinjuku. 

her grandmother watched as the plum haired girl next to her fidget in place, causing her to furrow her eyebrows. "mari." she called out, startling her granddaughter. "yeah, gran?" the girl asked as she tilted her head. 

"you look anxious." the older woman stated. "did you want to talk about something?" she asked. the tamer blinked at her grandmother's words before looking down at the floor. 

"well..." the girl started, her eyes closing. "there's someone back home who needs my help." she stated. "but my friends and i can't help her if she's trapped inside an ever changing enemy." she added. amari let out a sad, soft sigh before opening her eyes. 

'hearing jeri cry out in agony like that tore me.' she thought. 'and it sucks that i couldn't do anything but watch...' she finished. tears pricked the corners of her eyes as she replayed her last encounter with the d-reaper in her head. 

this was the first time in a while where amari has felt completely useless. 

"i hate this..." the female tamer murmured softly as tears streamed down her face. the white rabbit digimon in her arms looked up at her sadly. "amari..." lunamon frowned as she watched her long time friend cry in frustration. 

"all i wanna do is save jeri!" amari wailed. "she didn't deserve any of this." she continued as she looked over at her grandmother. "she's been through so much already, gran!" she exclaimed. "she deserves nothing but the greatest there is." she finished. the older woman looked amari sadly. 

but before the woman could say any words of encouragement to her granddaughter, she heard a sound resonate from the pocket of amari's jacket. 

the plum haired tamer wiped the tears from her eyes as she reached into her pocket and grabbed her wisteria colored digivice. "it's henry.." she murmured, looking down at lunamon. the moon rabbit looked up at her tamer with determination in pink eyes. "this time, we'll definitely bring her back home." she smiled. the plum haired girl nodded at her digimon's words.

"yeah, we'll definitely bring her back." she smiled. the young tamer looked over at the older woman next to her.

"gran, i-"

"go." ena said, waving off the young girl. "i believe in you, amari." she smiled. the youngest tenya smiled at her grandmother's words. the girl stood up and bent down, wrapping her arms around her gran's torso.

"i love you, gran."

"i love you too." the woman said softly. "now go and save your friend."

________________________

the last amari intemission...

im not sad, you are!