A Rebel Operator

Nova Swartz, Operator; Lieutenant- Decision Pending. Sector Eight- Transmission/ Commission Research Center.
September 18, 2024
•••••••••••••

"Nova, please move faster. The Commander is waiting for your arrival." my ( annoying) boss Commissioner Liles, says to me as I end a call. The person on the other line just had a transmission.

Or otherwise known as a nightmare.

"Ugh, stop rushing me!" I grunt.

"Nova! Precision of language, please, you of all people!" She says.

Precision of language, precision of language, bla bla bla! Precision of language yourself!!

How much time I wasted could add up to all my volunteer hours combined. I just did it to aggravate the fire out of her.

I walk slowly out of the Call Room, and Commissioner Liles is faster , walking out into the main lobby.

An officer stood there, chatting with the newly welcomed Commander, a look on his face that says, "Could you possibly be more annoying than you already are?"

"Commander, I present to you, Nova Swartz, your guide for today. She'll show you everything you need to know." Commissioner Liles says to the Commander and the officer gets the hint to go.

He walks off and the Commander looks at me, giving me a warm smile. He was about my age-which I don't understand whatsoever, because it takes a lot to be a Commander, plenty of training and such. His auburn-black hair shimmers in the florescent light, his deep brown eyes shine with a certainty that no one could resist and most people wouldn't even understand. I could tell, though.

Behind all that beauty was a secret. And I want to find out what it is.

"Nice to meet you, Operator Nova. I am Commander Dallas, Sector Eleven. Commissioner, my father is waiting for you at the system base. Good day." he says so precisely that its almost fake. The Commissioner bows her head slightly in a sign of respect and scurries off.

He watches her go then looks back at me, his eyes shining.

"We should be getting to that tour, Operator Nova." he says, smiling.

"Oh, sorry. I mean- I apologize. Lets get to that tour, shall we?" I say, returning the warm smile back, which was probably less beautiful than his.

We begin to walk, but unlike most operators that give tours to new recruits, I don't talk for forty five minutes in a row with no breath in between.

"What brings you here Commander Dallas?" I ask, I was so curious of this 'Dallas'. Wasn't that a city in an old state? What was it, some weird name or something. That type of thing is against the rules, but I guess this beautiful boy can do whatever he pleases.

"My father transferred me hrere since you were getting low on some employees. I was physically forced here. It sucks so majorly."Dallas whispers the incorrect grammar.

I flashed a smile at him, and he knew I could hear him, but no one else could. He returned the smile back as he caught onto it.

The Rebel Commander.