It was just another day for Y/N, she did her morning routine, did all her chores, it was just another normal day.

Or so she thought.

Y/N lived in a town that was quite secluded, it was not so open to other people but not that hidden either.

Despite the high mountains around their town, the one thing they truly feared came for them.

People rushing to kill them for having powers, or shall I say, a curse.

All of Y/N's family had a curse, they were a family of 5.

There was her mother Emmanuela L/N,
Who had a curse to be anywhere, anytime.

Her father Julio L/N, who had a curse to control and to make flames.

Her eldest brother, Joseph L/N, who had the curse to see, hear and talk to the dead.

Her other brother, the middle child, Miguel L/N, who had the curse to hear one's soul and to see what's in their hearts.

And finally Y/N L/N, who had the curse to possess one's body, choosing her consent over theirs.

They were hated by many people, forced to hide in the shadows.

They watch as their friends were killed, tortured, as they ran away to find a safe place to call home.

.
.
.
.
.
.
Y/N POV

"Hey you okay?" Joseph asks me.

We've been walking for days, not a single sight of a group of people or a town nor village.
They were running out of food and ate less portions, leaving them to go hungry.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Y/N, stop lying, I know your not fine, trust me we'll find a village soon."

Miguelo says.

Then suddenly, everything turns black.
.
.
.
.
.
"Y/N..."

"Y/N!...."

"Y/N!!!"

I wake up to comfortable bed and the smell of delicious food.

"Huh? Where are we?"

I find my papa, Julio next to me.

"We found a village, they seem like nice people."

"Really?"

"Yeah, rest up while you can."

"ok..." I say.

Then suddenly I jolt up awake.

"WAIT!"

My brother, Miguelo, beside me flinches from the loud sound.

"What is it anak?"

"Can I explore? I want to be familiar with the village."

"Ofcourse you can, just don't... Use your curse."

"Ofcourse papa."

"stay safe, and have this arepa your mom cooked for you."

"Thank you papa."

I walk outside while eating the delicious arepa.

I bump into a beautiful morena, her curly hair and her smile matching her white floral blouse and her long blue floral skirt.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!"
I immediately apologize.

"Oh that's fine! Are you new here?"

"Uhmm, actually yes, I don't actually know where I am so I'm exploring."