Dream is just a Dream.

She twirled around the stage with the clinks of ghumroo, echoing in the whole stadium

The way she gracefully presented the piece of art in front of the 1000 people approximately, is enough to make everyone impressed. But the way she carried every expressions on her face naturally, made everyone overwhelmed.

It looked as if she was born with this perfection. As if she was born to be a dancer. As if she was born with perfection in the field of Bharatnatyam.

Laughing at my thoughts, I opened my phone and left an congratulatory message to the dancer, stating how finally her dreams have came true of dancing on such a big platform.

I have saw her dancing monotonously. I have saw her dancing without any interest of reaching at the such a level. She didn't had a single of facial expressions while dancing as she felt that it was waste of her time and efforts.

Life likes to play and excels in the game of irony.

Few years ago, everyone saw me in her place, but soon that vision evaporated when I gave away my passion.

The vision of my passion, evaporated when I gave up on dancing. When I gave up on the art form which closest to my heart. 

I am not jealous of her. But I am definitely envious. Envious of how her fate have swiped her destiny with my destiny. I am envious of how my close friend is living my dream.

It's not that I am not happy with the life I am living right now. But sometimes, time like this, I couldn't help but wonder what would be my life like if I haven't given up on my dreams.

What would have happened if I haven't given up on my dancer's dream...?

I was ambitious in this field many years ago, then what could go wrong, right...? The answer is, everything can go wrong.

Being the oldest in the family, it become my responsibility to earn for a living when suddenly no company was ready to give my father a job as he was turning old.

Taking a break from dancing, I felt my whole life is useless. I felt myself getting drifted from my own self. But still, I had to work and study at the same time.

I am happy with my job right now and I earn more than her, but this dream which is died a long ago, is haunting me like a ghost.

Like a ghost, it visits me sometimes, and leaves me at my worst downfall for me to heal once again from the scars of the past.

Why I am crying as it was my decision back then even when my mother said not to give up on Bharatnatyam...?

I am crying at the cruelty of the situation. Cruelty of the life.

I am crying at the mentality of people thinking at dreams have to be something related to money and killing the innocent, creative and imaginative power of dreams.

I am crying because the moment I realised that no matter how one tries, sometimes it's better to let go their dreams because....

'A dream are just a dream and one cannot achieve it until that person gets out of their mind and live in the reality, rather than in one's imagination.'

Words written: 556.

The End.