Chapter 1.

Memphis, United States.

Day of disappearance: July 20, 2019, 11:40 p.m.

Victim's name: Bella Josephine O'Conner.

Brenda sighs. She taps her shoe on the ground rhythmically. Run one hand through her hair, while the other is directed by itself to her mouth; bites her nails after a few months without doing so. It stops when she feels burning in the area and check that bleeding has started briefly. She lets go of everything around her and collapses with her back to the large sofa. She closes her eyes trying to relax a bit, however, the constant murmurs and curious glances are not long in coming; They judge her solely on her medical record.

How long has it been? Almost seven hours after the terrible event. The police were slow in that regard; get to the scene and try to convince the minor's relatives that everything is under control, that calm will always be the best option. The desperation was such that she could not help but shout the fact that she had witnessed what happened; that confession made everyone turn to look at her in alarm, which led to make her -maybe- the main suspect in the crime.

She had many factors against him, she knew it; however, she was confident of getting out of the situation unscathed thanks to her parents. They, more than anyone, should know the great advance that Bella and herself have had within their relationship as sisters. The police finish their interrogation of her mother. She comes out of the kitchen staring at Brenda, as if trying to figure out why her nervousness and the constant sweat on her forehead, wanted to get information from her. She has nothing to contribute to the case.

—Your turn— says the commanding officer. 

The youngest examines it for a few moments; He is tall, with blond hair, and wears dark glasses that prevent eye contact.

Brenda nods knowing that the bucket of cold water hasn't fallen on her head yet.

She sits in the chair across from the man. She suddenly pulls out a couple of old-fashioned-looking folders, gulping at the seal on one of them. The mocking smile of the opposite does not wait with the passing of the seconds and after a small investigation of the content that is in the material.

—Ha—he says.— Brenda Danielle O'Conner. Admitted at the young age of nine to "Sourthen California Psychiatric Hospital" after trying to suffocate her diabetic younger sister of approximately one year with her own teddy bear. Diagnosed by Dr. Eduard Thomas Brown, the patient suffers from: paranoid schizophrenia, depression, generalized anxiety disorder and panic disorder... Anything you want to say in your defense?

Suddenly, everything around her stops working. The medium body suddenly pops its head out, smiles wickedly at the young woman. She strides to the other side of the table and utters a sentence that leaves it blank.

—Accept it. You killed her and dumped her body in the river.—Madison laughs openly at her expression of horror.

—You created that brand yourself to divert attention.

—No one is on your side, can't you see?Your parents will send you to a psychiatric facility again.

—You'll rot to your death in a bloody cage!

Brenda rests her head in her hands, she feels an increase in the heartbeat in her chest, the air begins to subtract and the temperature rises in level creating that large beads of sweat begin to be created in different areas of her body. The voices flood her thoughts over and over again, without any weariness; the screams are the product of her imagination; however, she can feel them so real that they even create a sudden pain in your chest, the left part that complements the area.