still so cold

snippet- you get injured on a mission and try to keep it quiet... until you realize it's worse than you thought.
your pov

surfacing among the clanking and clattering of war was Starks voice in your earpiece. It was a mumble at first that slowly morphed into phrases you could understand, the initial adrenaline dripping away. "little romanoff, you've got three guys coming in on your right," he explained.

The mission had a simple objective... redirect the stomach churning aliens that ran into earth looking for Loki who was currently on the run from the many planets he scrimmaged with whilst having a temper tantrum. Somehow, they knew we had business with the fool, instigating, well, this.

before the brawl even began, debris from one of the aliens fallen ships blew into the side of your head. your vision went red and blurry, as if blood ebbed it's way into your eyes. It was more disorienting than most head injuries you encountered. Since the hit, your body has felt like it's floating... like nothing could touch you. As dizzy as you were, this made you feel unstoppable and a new sense of determination set itself in your bones.

you threw a dagger to your right and it somehow landed directly between your enemies eyes. As you ran past, you picked it up, throwing it again at your next target. However, your vision distorted into nothing but light and shadows. Though it only lasted half a moment, it was enough for the alien to capture you in its grasp. It began to squeeze at your neck as you flailed your legs.

the figure before you was nauseating, it's lips dry and black, void of life. it's eyes held no whites but was a chilling coal black, so wide you could see your reflection, your bloody, matted down hair and struggling face.

"y/n! y/n!!" Peters voice echoed from behind you.

"y/n, what the hell, pull it together, this is ridiculous" starks voice flowed through your head. He's right, this is ridiculous, you would normally finesse your way out of these situations with ease.

Peters web spat from behind you and punched the sucker in the face. The creature fell to the ground, taking you with it.

The disorientation trickled over you. Peter hovered over your doubled over body, looking down at you with genuine concern. You felt so small compared to him as his shadow left you shivering. "y/n, your..." he pointed to his lips and jutted them to one side.

"my... my what?" you asked deliberately.

Ruckus arose from all around you, the destruction absorbing in your skin, the 'unstoppable' feeling now gone. "gotta run!" Peter yelled quickly before floating through the sky on his webs. You followed him with your eyes, he glanced over his shoulder multiple times before web-shooting more creatures.

"Mr. Stark," his voice lurched through your earpiece, "I think there's something wrong with y/n..."

"Wha- what? y/n is that true?" your mom, Natasha broke in, "y/n what's wrong?"

Everything fell into place for you at once, how badly broken up you were and how much it was costing your team to be pre-occupied with your well-being. "no, guys, i swear i'm fine... i just... twisted my ankle, it's fine."

"but, Mr. Stark her lips were bl-"

"that's enough now spider-man." you grimaced through gritted teeth.

"bu-" he begins

you yank the ear piece off of your head and throw it on the ground, stand up and stomp on it, half feeling bad since it would have to be replaced.