Part 9

Ok guys, move along there please.' They were outside another studio, trying to fight their way through the fans. They had a plane to catch in 90 minutes, so Anto was getting impatient. The lads smiled, signed as many autographs they could and chatted briefly with a few of them.

There was too much of a turmoil for anyone to recognise the rather familiar face in the crowd. Suddenly, a brick was flying through the air. Nicky turned around just in time to see it heading for Shane.

'Hey, look out!!!' he dashed over and dragged a surprised and shocked Shane into his arms, the brick hitting the wall behind them with such force that no one even dared to think about what would have happened if Nicky had been a few seconds slower.

The crowd went totally quiet, even the camera flashes died out. The only thing that could be heard was Shane's sobs as Nicky embraced him and he started to shake uncontrollably. 'It's ok babe, Shhhh... you're safe now.... Don't cry.' Nicky planted a soft kiss on Shane's forehead, and for a moment they seemed unaware of all the people around them.

When Shane had calmed down, Nicky put his arm around him and they made their way to the car. Aware that they would be headline news once again.