Part 16

Nicky was woken up by a scream and realised it had been his own. Shane stirred beside him, instinctively embracing him. 'Shhh... it was a bad dream honey...' Nicky snuggled closer and Shane kissed his forehead, suddenly sitting up straight. He placed his hand on Nicky's forehead and turned on the bedside lamp. Nicky blinked at the light, his head feeling like it was gonna explode. 'Are you ok Nicky? How do you feel?' Shane asked softly. 'Not too bad,' Nicky tried to ignore the splitting headache and the fact his throat felt like it was on fire. Shane looked at him, 'No, you feel like crap Nicky, don't lie to me. I'll go and see can I find some Calpol or whatever there is... Do you want anything else? Warm milk with honey or something?' Nicky nodded, and Shane got off the bed.

5 minutes later Shane was back up, carrying a medicine bottle and a mug. He got a spoon and gave Nicky the medicine before placing the mug in his hands. Nicky took a sip of the hot liquid, closing his eyes as he could feel it going down his throat.

'Did that make it better?' Shane asked as Nicky was finished and gave the mug back. Nicky nodded, 'Yes, thanx.' He yawned and lay down, Shane crawling in beside him. Shane turned out the light and Nicky snuggled up to him.

The following morning Nicky didn't look much better. Shane brought up a light breakfast, consisting of just tea and toast, Nicky eating as much as he could. In fact, for the whole day Shane was playing the role off a personal nurse, but then, it's always enjoyable running errands for people you love. However, when Nicky still wasn't much better by the end of the week, Shane was getting worried.