CHAPTER TWO.

CHAPTER TWO.
SPIDER-MAN'S IDENTITY?

Josephine's gaze was set on the tv in her living room, a small, pondering frown taking over her defined features as she debated pursuing her idea to potentially discover Spider-Man's identity

"You know, he's kinda hot." Celeste spoke up as she took a sip of her smoothie, a few clips of Spider-Man swinging around and saving people the previous day being shown on the tv as she spoke. "In a sexy, mysterious way."

Josephine's perplexed gaze reverted to Celeste as she sat up in her seat. "You haven't even seen his face, how would you know?"

"I can just tell." Celeste shrugged as she held her perfectly manicured nails up to the space just in front of her face, the girl tilting her head in admiration as she continued. "Besides, you know I'm never wrong when it comes to these things."

Josephine just raised her eyebrows as she shook her head at Celeste's words, the girl casting her gaze to the tv again as the camera panned to Spider-Man swinging from building-to-building once again.

She really wanted to know who he was.

Keeping her attention on the tv, Josephine didn't realise her phone pinging with various texts, as she gradually lost herself in her many thoughts.

"Peter wants you to check your phone." Celeste spoke up, her gaze flickering between her phone and Josephine, as she had just gotten a text from Peter asking her to tell Josephine to check her phone. "Josie?"

Josephine didn't respond, the girl still focused on the tv as her eyebrows slightly furrowed at the web-slinging vigilante.

Celeste clicked her fingers in front of Josephine's face as she spoke up. "Earth to Josephine McClain."

Snapping out of her thoughts, Josephine blinked, the girl's head snapping to look at Celeste. "Hm?"

"Good to know you're alive." Celeste exasperatedly dead-panned as she gestured to Josephine's phone. "Check your phone."

Josephine grabbed her phone from the table as she checked it, Peter's name popping up on her screen many times.

PETE :)

Today: 1:40 pm
hey josie.

heyyyy j.

josie?

Today: 1:43pm
jooooooo.

jo, answer your phone. i've given you three minutes, that's long enough.