𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐼 - 𝑃𝑟𝑒𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛

•••

First person point of view.

•••

I was already nervous. I mean, it was only the day before my wedding with a man I barely knew; Illumi Zoldyck.

He was a high class, well trained assassin. Him and his family were the most popular and well known of them all.
My family and I had gained a fair amount of popularity ourselves. Giving, we too were wealthy and highly trained assassins.

Pushing that to the side, I were to become Illumi's bride only 24 hours from now. I knew little to nothing about him, personally.
It was a arranged marriage. We were assigned to become husband and wife at birth...

If I were to be honest, I didn't want to. No offense to the man, of course, I just would've appreciated more time to get to know him.
.
.
.
I brushed through my H/C locks, sitting at my vanity contemplating if I were really ready to marry or not. I had no fear in me whatsoever. Only nervousness.
Not to mention, the fact I was to engage in sexual intercourse during our honeymoon to try for a baby... It was something I couldn't bring myself to do. Especially not with a stranger...

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on my bedroom door.
"It's open," I call, running my fingers through my hair for the finishing touches.
The door opened to reveal my mother and one of our butlers behind her, holding a large amount of different white dresses; wedding dresses, to be exact.

"I have some options for you, giving tomorrow is your big day." My mother trotted over to me, helping me to stand.
"I see that. And, why so many?" I blink. I certainly wasn't a picky person. My mother just tended to go overboard at times.

"Only the best for you, my love. Now, you must try on every last one!" My mother exclaimed in excitement. She was going to enjoy this too much.
.
.
.
On the third dress option, I was already getting very bored of this. "I like this one, but the first two were just as good, mother." I let a sigh escape my lips. "That being said, I do not really care which dress I wear for tomorrow." I crossed both arms.
"Oh, but this one is just so nice!" My mother whined, holding up the fourth dress option. "Then i'll wear that one," Reaching behind my back, I begin to unzip the current dress I was in.

"But, that one is good!" My mother pointed to me. "Mom," I huffed in slight annoyance. "If you really can't pick, because we both know I won't, just close your eyes and place your hand on one." I suggested. It was our last option at this point.

"Whichever one you land on, I will wear it tomorrow."
My mom sighed, lowering her head and pouting. She did as I suggested. Her hand landing on a dress with a v-line collar that contained gems scattered in mesmerizing patterns all around the skirt and corset of the dress.

"Hm, not bad." She opened her eyes.
"See? Now, wasn't that easy?" I chuckled.
"Oh, tomorrow is going to be wonderful!" My mother chirped. Clapping her hands like a toddler.
.
.
.
[ Some time later... ]

It was beginning to grow dark as the evening rolled in. I had picked out a dress, a cake, and a brides maid.

A wave of exhaustion washed over me. I flopped down on my large queen sized bed. Letting out a hard sigh. Who knew wedding preparation would be so exhausting? Hm, actually, i'm sure anyone could answer that...
.
.
.
I showered, washed my hair, and shaved. Finally deciding on my favorite pair of Pj's to wear to bed tonight.
I had a big day ahead of me—I made sure I got as much sleep as possible.

Tomorrow, pretty much everything would change. Was I mentally prepared? No...

———

Uh, did y'all like it-? I hope so :,) anyways, i'll try to write any time i have a chance to. chapter two will be out in a few hours or so (hopefully)

have a good day/night

Word Count: 697

- xoxo, A/N <3