Azurite : Pain and Regret

Izuku has a panic attack and Hitoshi calls Katsuki.

Izuku knew that his idea was one of the best he had his entire life. Involving Hitoshi in his nightlife might be dangerous, but sure Izuku had his two psuedo dads. Besides, if he's going to die anyway then he might as well help Hitoshi be a hero first. If he can get his pseudo dad number one to help Hitoshi then at least he can die happily.

He looked with excitement at his new partner in crime. Honestly it was shocking that Hitoshi accepted it without verbal hesitations. Maybe he really was a murderer. But Izuku didn’t care that much He has now friend and new goal in life. He’s holding onto a breeze of new hope. Maybe it will be enough to keep him alive for some time. Maybe he could get Hitoshi to become an actual pro hero. It would be his greatest achievement in his short life. He always wanted to be a pro hero alongside Kacchan but… wait

Kacchan.

Oh.

Fuck.

Why did Izuku totally forgot that he sent his old best friend a long message with goodbyes? He ran to the kitchen to get his phone.101 missed calls. About 30 from Katsuki, 71 from his pseudo dads. Fuck they probably think he's dead. Shivers climbed down his spine. He fucked up. He really fucked up. He should have just jumped off, Kacchan was right, he can't do anything right. Useless Deku

“Oi, What happened?!” Hitoshi barely stood up.

“I-I, you k-know. I just, no I- K-Kacchan he-”

Words wouldn’t come through his mouth. Why couldn’t he say anything? He began to panic and spiral.

'Quirkless Deku!'

'Be Realistic'

“Hey, hey, it’s okay, it’s cool” Hitoshi tried calming him down. It wasn’t working. “Do you want me to…” a pause. It can’t get worse right? “To use my quirk on you? I need verbal approval, so if your answer is no just shake your head”

Izuku looked up at Hitoshi. Will it help? Or will it make it worse when the quirk stops working? Was Izuku ready to test it now? He nodded. He tried replying but all he could do was open and close his mouth as he tried to take deep breaths.

'I'm sorry Izuku, I'm sorry!'

His knees went completely numb and it seemed like ground was no longer under his feet. Hitoshi managed to catch him before his head hit the floor.

“Okay, well breathe okay? I'll try to use it, that’s fine take your time.” The boy quickly stated.

~~

Hitoshi had absolutely no fucking clue what to do. His new friend in seconds went from being happy to shaking on the floor. And he like an idiot just offered to use his quirk on him. He'll definitely kick him out now. There’s no reason for Izuku to trust him, especially now that he was trusted to use his quirk but couldn't even help. Did he really just blow this up? Well, he can always go back. No. He will make it up. It will be okay. He just have to make him focus on something different. Like maybe he could tell a story or … his thoughts got cut off as Izuku shaked uncontrollably with sobs.

Izuku buried his face in his shoulder as he sobbed, going for hug. Wow, friendships made when you are at your lowest are really faster than normal ones? Or is it just a normal speed to go?

“Hey, it’s okay I’m here” Hitoshi said words that he wanted to hear his entire life. It hurted somewhere deep down. “It's okay, c'mon, oi relax, please I'm here Izuku” He couldn’t stop himself in time.

Izuku shakily pointed to the phone, Hitoshi reached the phone, still hugging Izuku. He read the chats.

“Oi” Hitoshi stopped him. “Did he bully you?, because thats what it looks like he did if you think he needs to change. If so..then he can live with this guilt for some time. You don’t owe him that”

He rapidly shook his head, hyperventilating again.

“I- okay uh do you want me to talk to him?” Hitoshi was scared. He offered to talk but.... he had no idea who the other boy was or why he was so important. But it looked like Izuku really cared, so why not?

Izuku shook his head again. He felt a tug on his sweater as he looked down at Izuku's hands. He shakily signed 'H-He'll be so disappointed that- that I didn't die''

Hitoshi picked the phone up again.

"Izuku, he's called you over 10 times and sent you about 50 texts asking where you are and a whole lot of other shit, looks to me like he cares, can I handle this? please let me handle this"

Izuku was still sobbing into Hitoshi's sweater. But he still nodded.

'It's now or never, do this for Izuku', he thought.

Hitoshi took a deep breath as he turned on the phone. He shook his head to prevent being distracted and reluctantly pressed the call button. As the person on the other side picked up, he spoke.

"....uh hello?"