Chapter 2: Crash into You

Waking up from my deep slumber on the table, spending the majority of the night making improvements to the weapons, I stretched my arms and stood up with a wobble getting ready to do some morning hygiene. I opened the door to the bathroom and started brushing my teeth and washing my face. After everything I look in the mirror and smile, using my pointer fingers to move the edges of my mouth upwards to form it.

I was about to move down the stairs to get the breakfast I was promised, but it seems this package at my door had stopped me. Picking up the package and the breakfast bowl beside it, which contained my favourite fruits and granola, along with a shake. I closed the door with my feet with a bang and set the items down on the table I slept on.

Spilling the contents of the package on the table, I see a file of someone. It seems the information was on this casino owner named James Chino. This guy tried to cheat Bonten's deal too many times and needed to hit the sack. Seems easy enough, just get inside the casino and do the job when James was secluded in his office or something to the same effect.

"Is this a test?" I sighed. "Do they think I'm this weak? Our friend Mikey doesn't think that right? That I can't even do this simple job? They even gave me partners for this job. What am I, a preschooler that still needs my parents to accompany me everywhere? That I'm just a fucking pathetic little girl. Right (F/n)?"

"What are you saying (Y/n)? You've always been weak. Always running with your tail between your legs. Hahahahahah. You'll never change."

"Urghhh. Shut up! I'm not, I'm not weak. I'll just have to show them. I'll show them that I'm strong, not some weak girl they could leave behind." I slashed away at my head and angrily ate the breakfast they prepared then began to smile. "A test huh?"

Getting up, I gathered more materials to create more bullets for my sweetheart and started working throughout the day. Only leaving my now expensive room to answer the door ring that lunch has arrived.

 Only leaving my now expensive room to answer the door ring that lunch has arrived

"(Y/n), come out. We need to leave for our mission." A deep voice said after a few knocks on the door. "Wear something appropriate like the documents say."

I opened the door in a hurry with my briefcase in hand, excited to show off my weapons. "Let's go then."

When we get in the car, Ran adjusts the rearview mirror to get a closer look at the pair in the backseat and I put my briefcase between me and Kaku. "You know, you should wear pretty clothes like that more often, doll. Although I do like your twin braids better, reminds me of my younger days, you know." I scoffed, not only was this long tube gold dress with a slit only for a leg hard to move in but I also had to tie my two long braids into a bun. Rindo also rolled his eyes at his brother's comment.

After around an hour or so of silent driving and recaps of the documents from Kaku with some stares at me in concern, we finally arrived at the casino. I opened the door and started walking towards the casino entrance with a smile, leaving my partners behind.