Chapter 3

What do you do when everyone around you treat you like a child, a kid who doesn't understand anything, has no opinion and is expected to go with the flow?!

Thoughts like these often crossed Aarya's mind whenever she found herself locked in her room with her family fighting like crazy downstairs.

She wanted to go down scream at them to shut up, tell them how disturbing it was, and let them know how much she was suffering from the constant screams of her own parents.

She loved her mom and dad more than anything, she could give any and everything up for their happiness but when it was a little too much for her to handle, she would just wish for them to disappear from her life for sometime.

She had an elder brother too, Abhishek, who was living in the nearby city for his higher education. She loved him a lot but she always made sure to never let him know, that's how siblings work, right? As a child she always wished for her brother to get more love, more success than her, even though people always said she was the smarter and the cuter one.

Life is perfect when you are child, when you don't understand anything and when everything seems like a game. But as you grow up, you start understanding things, things that hurt you, hurt you so much that you'd want to kill yourself.

When Aarya reached home later, she found the front door wide open, her parents' car parked close by. As she stepped inside, she found her mother sitting on the couch, eyes closed, a glass of half filled water on the table in front of her.

She decided not to bother her and walked her way up to her room. On her way, she found her dad on his laptop, on the kitchen table.

"Hey, Dad," she said slowly walking up to him.

"Hi, beta, where were you?' he said looking up to her, his eyes tired and lacking sleep.

"Uh.. I was at a friend's place," he started, "we have a project to complete."

"Oh, fine, dinner?" he asked.

"I had it there" she lied, "what about you two, you guy's ate?"

"Yeah yeah, we ate while on our way home."

"Cool!"

"Also, Aarya beta," he called just as she was about to walk away.

"Yes?"

"We need to talk to you tomorrow morning, so before you leave please do come to us."

"Uh, yeah, sure."

"Good night!" he smiled.

"Good night"

She totally adorned her father, she had the strongest bond with him but ever since she started 10th grade and was too caught up to 'score good' to meet her family's expectations, she was slowly drifting away from her family. Also her father's promotion in his work wasn't helping.

So that too became a reason for her to get way too close to Isha for the past year, cause when she was alone she'd call her. When she fought with her mom and didn't had her dad to run up to, she'd call her and Isha would listen her for hours.

Her mom was a lawyer and was mostly out of town, way too busy to pay attention to her family.

She was alone to be honest, other than Isha she had lost almost everyone, her old friends, her mom, her dad.

Everything will be fine Aaru, I'll be here, always. Darshan had said to her maybe two years back when they were actually friends and all of their group was hanging out at her place and when she broke down in front of him in the balcony while everyone was inside watching a movie. He comforted her being a good friend he used to be and then they walked back in when Isha called for them.