Chapter 26

Suggested song: The Tide by Niall Horan (please please listen), If I Could Fly by One Direction.

. . .

To say that Aarya was confused will probably be an understatement. Because how?

How can Karan sing Pehli Mohabbat? The song that is supposed to be Darshan's? The song that is written, created by Darshan. The song that means so much to Darshan. The song that took years of his life. And Aarya has watched them in front of her eyes.

How is it possible? When Darshan has barely let anyone hear that song?

And that smirk that Karan was carrying, that was something Aarya has never seen.

But, what Aarya had never never seen was the look in Darshan's eyes. The shock, the hurt, the anger, the confusion and the realisation that his first song ever has been stolen?!

And that song gave Karan the opportunity to start off his career. The song that isn't even his.

The five of them waited until the backstage cleared, until all the students were gone and the teachers were busy with the after work. Darshan hadn't said a single word, Ishika and Achita had no clue and Karan was sitting with that smug look.

"What the fuck was that?" Darshan shouts as he manages to push Karan towards the wall, grabbing his collar so tight, his wrists were almost white.

"Darshan what?" Achita asks obviously startled by his sudden outburst.

Ishika and Achita rush towards them to pull them apart but Darshan kept grabbing his collar, shouting. "How dare you–"

"What?" Karan asks looking smug than ever. Aarya didn't know this person.

"You damn well know what!!" Darshan shouts, hitting him in the face.

"Darshan what the hell!" Ishika and Achita manage to push Darshan before he could hit him again. "What is wrong?" Ishika shouts at him.

"That bastard, he used my song. It was my song!" Darshan yells, his eye bloodshot red, anger literally spilling out of his eyes.

Karan calmly takes a step forward,
stands face to face with Darshan. He pats his collar, smiles at him, eyes twinkling. "You know, I am more deserving. I definitely deserved this opportunity. And you were here to take it from me. How can I let you? Huh."

Darshan stood there, stunned. And Aarya was too shocked to see her friend, best friend sabotaging her boyfriend's career.

"Darshan, you might have written the song, but I definitely sang it better."

"THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN STEAL MY SONG!" Darshan yells, hitting him again, this time on his nose.

"It was never yours. You wrote it for Aarya. Right? The one you left! The one you literally left when she needed you the most. Because all you cared about is that she was being selfish! You didn't even look behind her, didn't care to find what was hurting her. You weren't there when she was crying for her dad, for her mom, for you. You don't deserve her friendship."

When Darshan didn't say anything, Karan continued. "You are a shit person Darshan. You used her friend to get to Aarya. You dumped Isha just like that. And that Isha took her revenge on Aarya. Aarya didn't deserve to lose her best friend. But you made her. You didn't care about Isha's feelings. She definitely seems like a bad person in this story but imagine what it feels like to be used by your boyfriend to get another girl."

"It's none of your business Karan!" Darshan finally says, "We've got over that! I was a kid, we were kids and it was such a teenager mistake to make!"

"Ask Aarya, has she got over it?" Karan asks.