Chapter 8

A/n: The above collage is a reference for what will happen in this chapter, I'm thinking of adding one in the start of each chapter to give y'all a little hint.

Also, Darshan looks a little younger than the above pic here.

***

"Cheers to 17!" Shreya jumped excitedly.

"Once again Happy Birthday love," Aarya wished, stepping forward to hug the birthday girl.

They had dinner at a restaurant where the birthday cake 2.0 was cut. There was a garden at the back of the restaurant which they had booked and decided to have fun there.

"Let's go out, I'm so full now." Rishabh said, standing up and heading out.

The weather was hot but the cool breeze was comforting.

They all went out and sat on the wet grass, none of them bothered about the clothes that were getting dirty.

"Darshan sing something na!" Shreya sat beside Aarya and smiled slightly at her.

"What?" Aarya whispered to Shreya.

"You haven't heard Darshan sing in a while right?" Shreya whispered back.

"Uh no I guess, last time was back in 9th maybe?" Aarya shrugged trying her best to hide the desperation in her voice. She wanted to hear Darshan sing so badly. The way he closed his eyes when he sang, the way he smiled while singing, the way he would look up towards her, the way he kept his hand on his heart and the way his voice made her forget all her worries.

"Darshan! Sing for us na, please," Harshita, who was sitting next to Dev, literally begged Darshan.

"Okay okay fine. What shall I sing?"

"Agar tum saath ho?" Harshita asked.

Darshan chucked, "Sure."

Surprisingly the restaurant manager managed to arrange a guitar for him. He closed his eyes, took a deep breath.

"Pal bhar thahar jaao
Dil ye sambhal jaaye
Kaise tumhe roka karun
Meri taraf aata har gham phisal jaaye
Aankhon mein tum ko bharun
Bin bole baatein tumse karun
'gar tum saath ho..
Agar tum saath ho"

All of them were lost, lost in the beautiful world of music he managed to create in a few seconds. He was so young yet so perfect. His voice was so pure, so comforting. His voice reflected his passion for music, he sang so effortlessly it seemed he was made to sing, which was true. A voice which can bring back the lost hope inside you, a voice which can make you cry, a voice which can make you feel alive in so many ways, a voice which brings out a part of you had no idea you had. It was his voice.

He completed the song and by the end all the 8 of them were in tears, none of them why they were crying but they were.

"Why are you guys in tears? I sang that bad?"

Sara wiped her eyes and chuckled, "It was so good Darsh!"

"I almost had an heart attack, I thought I was very bad."

"Shut up, you are the best!" Rishabh said patting his back.

Darshan laughed, "Next which?"

"Khairiyat?" Adi asked.

Darshan smiled, "Okay!"

"Khairiyat pucho, kabhi to kaifiyat pucho
Tumhare bin deewane ka kya haal hai
Dil mera dekho, na meri haisiyat pucho
Tere bin ek din jaise sau saal hai"