Quinceañera (Part One - Party Crashers)

The Teca Kingdom's King and Queen have invited the other three kingdoms to bare witness to their daughter, Princess Maya's coronation. However, everything is not as it seems as the coronation is crashed by two uninvited guests.

"Behold, mi amor, the other kingdoms have all come to honor our daughter." King Teca beamed with pride as he gestured to the square below, where the three kingdoms were beginning to gather.

"This is even better than I dreamt." Queen Teca sighed in relief as she faced her husband.

"Look, look!" Daggers yelled as he pointed down below. "The Gran Bruja and the Wizard Council is here."

The Gran Bruja leads her council to their place in the square, smelling the air with her abnormally large nose as she does so.

"Zapote," She begins as she turns to speak to the much shorter man beside her. "The air doesn't feel right." She whispers as she squinted her eyes as she looked around. Zapote groaned in response. "I'm sensing a great darkness around us."

"Ugh, this again." He sighs. "Oh no, a great darkness. Oh, ho, ho ho! I'm sensing disturbances in the forces!" He dramatically says waving his arms around and nearly drops his cane, before catching it and rolling his eyes . "So tired." He sighed. The Gran Bruja gave him a dirty look before snapping her fingers, turning him into a frog, making him yelp. "Ribbit." He croaked, making the Gran Bruja smirk.

"Oh!" Lance started before he pointed down below. "And the King and Princess of the Barbarians actually showed up!"

The King and Princess lead their group of warriors into place, standing tall with tough, angry looks on their faces. When they arrive, the King slouches and groans.

"Barbarian King is hungry!" He whines before his daughter pipes in.

"Ay, Papa, we just ate!" The Princess says, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Does daughter want King to starve?" He yells, pointing down at his stomach, which then lets out a mighty growl, embarrassing the King and Princess, making the King drop his axes and making the Princess walk away with a hand covering her face. The King lets out an embarrassed, awkward chuckle.

"By the gods! The Jungle Lands' Widdle Queen is here!" Shield smiled as he looked at the oncoming crowd.

"Did you say Widdle Queen?" Lance asked, looking at the crowd, then his brother.

"Yeah, 'cause she's so little and cute. She's the Widdle Queen." He cooed, eyes as big as saucers.

"It's--It's the Widow Queen." Lance corrects, shaking his head and hand.

"Yeah, because all the men around her..." Daggers says as he appears beside his brothers, before turning to them. "Die mysteriously." He says dramatically, making clawed hands above his brothers' heads, scaring them back slightly, their teeth chattering and eyes wide.

"Look, Fabiola. The Teca Princess will be crowned right there" Down below, the young Queen points up to the entrance of the pyramid to her doll. "And we get a front row seat." She giggles as she climbs down from her chair on her servant's back. Beside her, the Barbarian King's stomach growls again.

"Crown the Teca Princess now!" He whined. "So we can food!" He yells before his daughter shoves a handful of carrots.

"Ay, Papa!" She groans, staring down her father. Before their conversation could continue further, royal fanfare could be heard, signifying that the ceremony was about to begin.

"In the name of all the gods, I present to you our daughter, Maya!" King Teca announced before making way for his daughter, the crowd below cheering loudly. The young Princess sighed and stood still in the entryway of the pyramid.